Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still don't have Midwinter Graces. All I could find at the store was the deluxe edition, and I just want the plain version.

My iTunes keeps playing "Fast Horse" from AATS on shuffle, and I find I quite like it now. It's got a bit of a Scarlet vibe to it.

Just though I'd share.

:up:

Fast Horse :up:

There's a lot on AATS that I like more so now, say a month or two ago? That said, finally seeing her live got me more into her back catalouge than I ever have been.

You folks see the Tori gig on Facebook today?

She's Currently talking and answering questions!

Setlist From the show:

01.Lady In Blue
02.Are You Out There (improv) / Beauty Of Speed
03.Leather
04.Snow Angel
05.Girl
06.Cooling
07.Cool On Your Island
08.Star Of Wonder
09.Bells For Her
10.A Slient Night With You
11.Wednesday / I Didn't Say Fuck (Improv)
12.Ophelia
13.Pink And Glitter

Not that anybody probably cares.

The London Evening Standard and the BBC revealed today that Tori’s musical based on George MacDonald’s The Light Princess is scheduled to take the stage in London in April of 2012. It’s been a while since we wrote about it, so here’s a quick refresher: The Light Princess tells the story of a girl who is exempt from the laws of gravity, and who winds up disconnected from Earth for most of her childhood. According to the BBC, Tori’s production still has no title.

Popmatters gave it a glowing review yesterday:

Tori Amos: Midwinter Graces < Reviews | PopMatters

Those fears—and more—were certainly in effect upon first listen to Tori Amos’ Midwinter Graces. Imagine, then, the surprise to find that a holiday album is Amos’ best work in years. For some reason, it took a holiday album for her to transcend the pitfalls that have marked her last few albums—releasing over-long albums with uneven song quality and splotchy production has been a familiar refrain with critics and fans of her work alike. But Midwinter Graces is 12 tracks long, a perfect length, and most of the production is spot-on. Gone is the dreaded AutoTune that botched some of the songs on Amos’ last original album, Abnormally Attracted to Sin. Gone, for the most part, are the overly-layered backing vocals that cluttered the sonic landscapes of many a song on Amos’ past four releases.

She doesn't even need it. She's a classically trained singer

She doesn't even need it. She's a classically trained singer

I haven't listened to that CD enough to notice the auto-tune, but I would guess she used it for effect, for that particular sound, rather than because she can't sing on pitch.

Back
Top Bottom