Top 1043 Classic Rock Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PennyLanePHINS

Refugee
http://www.q1043.com/pages/top1043/2011.html

The NY classic-rock station Q104 does the top 1043 classic rock songs every year on thanksgiving weekend. Go vote for U2! You can vote for non-singles, and you can vote for newer songs. (Vertigo, Magnificent, Blinding Lights, etc.) I voted for some of the not as mainstream songs...City of Blinding Lights, Staring at the Sun, Until the End of the World, Kite.

"Stairway to Heaven" gets #1 every year, and the only song that ever has a chance to beat it is The Beatles' "Hey Jude". So please vote for Hey Jude too! Stairway is good, but not that good.

Of all Beatles songs, Hey Jude is the frontrunner? :huh:

At least Come Together for a classic rock station. At least.

Yeah "Hey Jude" would not make it in my top 15 Beatles songs and I'm a big Beatles fan...but it's a popular mainstream song.

It's like U2, a lot of people on here love Pop, Zooropa, Boy, NLOTH...but in the mainstream people would say U2's best and most recognizable after TJT & AB are ATYCLB and TUF.

Glad I'm not the only one who's not a big fan of Hey Jude. The way Macca sings it just gets on my nerves and I skip it most on the time.

Yeah they use "classic rock" fairly loosely. As long as they play the artist, they play the song. They play Vertigo, Beautiful Day, etc. They play artists who aren't considered "Classic Rock." It's basically any rock artist whose been around for 20 or more years.

They play Green Day, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Sheryl Crow, RHCP, Foo Fighters. Though the artists who became big in the 90s aren't played as much...yet.

U2 so far: (Didn't hear any of them...they post a list online though and update it throughout.)

952 - Angel of Harlem
874 - Bullet the Blue Sky
797 - Elevation

Did hear "Gloria" sometime today before football but they haven't updated yet.

U2 so far: (Didn't hear any of them...they post a list online though and update it throughout.)

952 - Angel of Harlem
797 - Elevation

Did hear "Gloria" sometime today before football but they haven't updated yet.

952 - Angel of Harlem
797 - Elevation
790 - Gloria
469 - I Will Follow
340 - Pride
336 - Mysterious Ways
327 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
309 - Walk On
255 - New Year's Day
218 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
159 - One