Top 10 Girls Aloud songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick, somebody page GirlsAloudFan!

Let's see:

1. Call the Shots
2. Jump
3. Wake Me Up
4. Something Kinda Ooh
5. No Good Advice
6. Teenage Dirtbag
7. Sound of the Underground
8. Sexy! No No No
9. Deadlines & Diets
10. Here We Go

I maintain that Call the Shots is one of the finest pop songs in recent history, rivalled only by Kylie's I Believe In You.

Here's my Top 10:

1. I can't
2. fucking
3. believe
4. that someone
5. actually
6. created
7. a Top 10 Girls Aloud songs
8. thread on Interference
9. Best. Thread. Evar.
10. Cactus Annie is my favorite person in the world

Although I would never admit liking them to some of my friends, but I do honestly think they've made some of the best pop songs of all time. I agree of what the NME said about them in the review of their latest single, their songs much better than some of the stuff that the "cool' indie bands write. Like Kylie in the 80's with Stock, Aitkin & Waterman, if you find great producers and songwriters like Xenomania then who cares about writing your own songs. I mean if Joe Pascuali sang Song That'll Get On Your Nerves then Scouting For Girls have written a whole album of these tunes. Plus it can't hurt when you look that hot. I'm a hetro girl and I think Cheryl is far prettier than Britney.

GAF, do you like the sugababes as well? Similar type of music but they are less of a celebrity band compared to Girls Aloud. Both are better than the Spice Girls and shitty Pussycat Dolls with their solo singer and burlesque image

I have no problem with some pure pop now & again
but to me Girls Aloud fail to tick the most important box: fun

never when I hear them (Biology being perhaps the only exception) the corners of my mouth even threaten to curl upwards

I prefer Kylie (la goddess da pop) and even Sugababes

I have no problem with some pure pop now & again
but to me Girls Aloud fail to tick the most important box: fun

Really? I'm the opposite. Girls Aloud tick the fun box (tickle the fun box? .... naw, that sounds awfully filthy) and Sugababes come across as much less fun to me.

(But I do really love Kylie, who is nothing but fun and beautiful pop glitter.)

My top 5 Kylie songs:

1. I Believe In You
2. White Diamond
3. Love At First Sight
4. Red Blooded Woman
5. Wow

Sexy No No No is simply one of the most bizarre pop songs ever - but damn it is good!

I also love Call The Shots, Can't Speak French (haha - though it is awful) and Jump.

However as far as current 'girls groups' go I think the Sugababes (while admittedly far more serious than GA) are superior musically. Push The Button, Easy, Overload, Girls, Freak Like Me, Round Round, About You Now, Hole In The Head and Ugly are poptastic.

Now as for Kylie -

The top 10

10. Love At First Sight
09. Hand On My Heart
08. Confide In Me
07. I Should Be So Lucky
06. Made Of Glass
05. In Denial (With the Pet Shop Boys)
04. I Believe In You
03. Wow
02. Cowboy Style

and finally by a huge margin...

01. Put Yourself In My Place

I may start a new Kylie thread methinks.

I'm not a big fan of Kylie's music compared to Madonna's but I do like a few of her songs. I prefer what she did with SAW. My top 10 Kylie songs:

1/ Better The Devil You Know
2/ Especially For You
3/ i Believe In You
4/ Pour Les Quo Vous Sez Moi (I think that's what it's called)
5/ Put Yourself In My Place
6/Fever
7/Confide In Me
8/Come Into My Arms
9/Love For The First Time
10/ Can't Get You Out Of My Head (PSB remix)

I prefer the Sugababes musically also, but I do think they are far more serious and not as fun as Girls Aloud. My top 10 Sugababes songs:

1/Freak Like Me
2/Round Round
3/About You Now
4/Caught In A Moment
5/Ugly
6/Hole In The Head
7/Push The Button
8/Red Dress
9/Denial
10/Overload

Aardvark, the fact that I have just seen you post positively about Girls Aloud, and the fact that you just listened to a Cradle of Filth album has blown my mind. I would think the two bands entering the same mind would cause an implosion :wink:

Aardvark, the fact that I have just seen you post positively about Girls Aloud, and the fact that you just listened to a Cradle of Filth album has blown my mind. I would think the two bands entering the same mind would cause an implosion :wink:

They should go back to back on Desert Island. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom