Tom Petty Rushed to Hospital in full cardiac arrest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
giphy.gif

TMZ just tweeted an update about there being no brain activity and a decision being made to pull life support.

Ugh. Just... ugh.

One of my favorite songwriters ever. So glad I got to see him twice in the last two years (once with Mudcrutch, once with the Heartbreakers). Fuck.

I remember hearing his big hits all the time on the radio as a kid, notably "Mary Jane's Last Dance" and "You Don't Know How it Feels". Then I got more into his music as a teenager. Never got to see him live, though, sadly-that had always been one of my big wishes.

This news hurts. I can't believe it-way, way too young. Rest in peace, Tom.

One of the great heartland musicians. This man was truly a talent, had amazing longevity as an artist and grew out of the early hard rocker shoebox he could easily have been confined to. It's amazing how good his good songs were.

He was An American Guy. Too young & this sucks.

Well it was nearly summer, we sat on your roof
Yeah we smoked cigarettes and we stared at the moon
And I showed you stars you never could see
Babe, it couldn't have been that easy to forget about me

Last edited:
An absolute legend. I was lucky enough to seem him this past summer for the first time and it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. So many classic songs, and he made it look effortless.

I passed on seeing his last show ever to see U2 for the tenth time.

I can't express how I feel right now. I'm in a little bit of shock.

Tom Petty has been one of my favorites as long as I can remember. I don't remember a time where I wasn't in love with his music. I just can't do this right now.

Never got to see him live, though, sadly-that had always been one of my big wishes.

I planned to see him at some point, but his one local date for me this summer turned out to be one of the nights I was seeing U2 this year.

Very sad situation in any case though. The man was obviously a legend.

Man this is shocking. I only have a casual knowledge of his discography - I have the Greatest Hits on CD and Damn The Torpedoes and the self-titled debut on vinyl - but I've always enjoyed all of the big hits and anything else I've heard from him.

It's just upsetting because he was only 66(a couple weeks away from 67). My parents are his age exactly. It's just scary that this could happen to anyone in an instant.

R.I.P.

:(

Wildflowers was one of the first albums I loved from beginning to end and a big soundtrack to my middle teen years. Finally got to see Petty and the Heartbreakers live in 2003 in Jackson Hole, WY. One of my all-time favorite live concert experiences.

RIP Tom

It's just upsetting because he was only 66(a couple weeks away from 67). My parents are his age exactly. It's just scary that this could happen to anyone in an instant.

Yeah, I had the same thought. He's four months older than my dad. I should really call him and commiserate, he was as big a fan as I was.

This sucks. I'm going to go listen to all those classics on Greatest Hits and cry.

Rest in peace, Tom. You made a difference in a lot of lives, including my own. You were a soundtrack to the first 26 years of my life.

Last edited:
Holy shit, this is insane. Now everyone's saying he's definitely not dead, but bad outlook :|.

Whatever, I'm praying for that miracle.

U2 + Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.

TP + U2.

NOBODY I've listened to or enjoyed or appreciated more going back to my high school days.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones

Back
Top Bottom