Today you must all listen to Joe Strummer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool with me. I'll definitely spin some Clash today. In fact, I just did, thanks to this thread. I put on my copy of Give 'Em Enough Rope for the first time in forever.

Tommmmmmmyyyy Gunnnnnnn. I forgot about this song. RIP Joe.

You don't tell me what to do

I agree 100% with these sentiments, but as I am a supporter (not athletic) of all things Clash, I will attempt to listen to some of his music today even though I'm in tiny-town, Utah and only have an iPod with me.

i was on another board and they were shit-talking bands who've written joe strummer tribute songs, particularly using it as an opportunity to shit on the street dogs. me, personally, i don't see anything wrong with it.

so we've got...

stiff little fingers-strummerville
gaslight anthem-i'da called you woody, joe
street dogs-the general's boombox
street dogs-declaration

hmm, i could have sworn i came up with at least 6 earlier...

Hold Steady - 'Constructive Summer'

I listened to some of Live at Shea Stadium today. So there, IWB.

ah yes, that was mentioned on that other board as the only tolerable one, actually. that album is really growing on me. i keep hearing songs off it in record stores or on college radio stations and get psyched about it.

there's a line in rancid's "fall back down" about listening to the music of the great joe strummer...

ah yes, that was mentioned on that other board as the only tolerable one, actually. that album is really growing on me. i keep hearing songs off it in record stores or on college radio stations and get psyched about it.

I still prefer the 2 albums before it by quite a bit, but it did have a number of really good songs.

A couple of my friends are apparently friends with someone named "Jamie Jones", and every time her name comes up on the "People you may know" list on Facebook, I do a quadruple take.

I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight because of your frank commentary on my life.

sad face

My Facebook is a real book with drawn pictures of faces of my friends in it that I keep on my coffee table.

This way I don't have to worry about my precious personal info being acquired by terrorists.

Joe Strummer would have hated Facebook. And he probably would have destroyed it. With his bare hands.

Back
Top Bottom