Tips about 80s/90s dance/acidhouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray

(Check it here - YouTube - A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray)

The Shamen were great to, i prefer the Deep P.S.I version of possible worlds, a fantastic group!

Thanks!

Yes, the Deep PSI is the best version. Also the original version on the first version of En-Tact is great. I have an amazing version of LSI, I think it is remixed by Irrisitbile Force. I post it later to you :)

Yes i have both CD versions of En-Tact (My favourite album), aswell as the CD re-issues of Drop, In Gorbachav We Trust, and Phorward. I also have all other albums up to Hempton Manor,

Id say their best period was from 1988-1991.

Yes i have both CD versions of En-Tact (My favourite album), aswell as the CD re-issues of Drop, In Gorbachav We Trust, and Phorward. I also have all other albums up to Hempton Manor,

Id say their best period was from 1988-1991.

1985-1991 is my favorites, but also Colins new project Pablo Sandoz. It is his best project since Shamen's En-Tact :) Listen to Fleet and Pyramid:
MP3 Jukebox

Those two tracks sound great, they have a very similar sound to the shamen circa 1990, is he planning on releasing a full solo album??

It might be, if not there will be alot of song downable :) I realy like tha acoustics in the songs. He is a great song writer, also there is no other man in this world with that sound.

Excellent choices so far.

I will post a lot - and I do mean a LOT - of songs here tomorrow.

I didn't realize how much I still loved Rhythm is a Dancer :heart:
I'll have to dig some out as well - can I list them or do they have to be youtubes?

Holy Sh*t memories are comin floodin back!

I have heard like 99% of these babies, and KLF were just awesome in their time - they were worshipped!

Rebel MC was :up:

when they used to show the Show - Hitman and Her, the theme tune - EVERYBODY wanted the theme tune! LOL! :lol:

Also:

Bassheads – Is there Anybody Out There – this was a MAJOR fav of mine back then!
Baby D – Let Me Be Your Fantasy
Crystal Waters – Gypsy Woman
Felix – Don’t You Want Me (loved the intro of this before it bounced alive)
Gat Décor – Passion
Oceanic – Insanity
Utah Saints – Something Good (the original over the recent re-release – original is far more rawer and obviously totally captures that era)

Love this thread, its taken me back and made me want to buy Old Skool.

Utah Saints – Something Good (the original over the recent re-release – original is far more rawer and obviously totally captures that era.

Oh yes. And I completely agree about the old one being better.

The Baby D and Crystal Waters tracks you mentioned are also songs I remember very well.

FG if you check back here, no idea, and obviously LIVED that era :D. can you tell me then, if you remember:

Who done that song – I only know the words of a Bouncer in it – ‘Your name’s not down you’re not comin in’ :lol:

And perhaps around mid-90s two lads (I think), had a tape out all electronic music – they even had their own dance version of Jurassic Park theme? They may have been more rave dance.

OMG Inner City – Back to Life was great.
So many, SO many great hits back then. A very bold colourful era.

And a somewhere 90s song called Obsession (cannot remember the two guys – gawd there were LOADs of just two or three guys workin it back then) – great intro to that song.
And Scooter are still fantastic.
I think, I saw the group Cut N’ Move pull a live one with ‘Get Serious’ and they may have been good.
Nomad – Devotion. :up:
Culture Beat – Mr Vain :up:
Any song by 2 Unlimited
Seb – Sugar Shack
I used to have tapes of mixes from local DJs.

Gawd! :applaud:

I don't think Scooter, 2 Unlimited... inst in the Acidhouse section. Shamen, Klf, Orb... was more pure house music with alot of feeling in.

Just listen to En-Tact by The Shamen or ADVENTURES BEYOND THE ULTRAWORLD, U.F. ORB by the Orb. Thats not eurodance like Scooter, 2 Unlimited...

And a somewhere 90s song called Obsession (cannot remember the two guys – gawd there were LOADs of just two or three guys workin it back then) – great intro to that song.

Are you talking about Army Of Lovers' Obsession? I would post a youtube link but I'm at work so can't.

no, but I have seen Army of Lovers video for 'Crucified' - what a video! :lol: :up:

:ohmy::ohmy::applaud: She was one heck of a woman would stop traffic in 1 second!

no, this Obsession song starts slow with the sound of a keyboard flute that digs two or three lows first before adding a hyper high. then a voice says

'Obsession
what you mean to me'

Obsession
blah blah blah something blah

Obsession
blahhhhhhhhhh something blah

Obsession
Your love will set me free

Set me free'

no?

Why do they do bad remixes of great dance song? Utah Saints? You Got The Love?

Having said that I never liked Toca's Miracle before I heard the remix.

Set You Free (N-Trance) is probably one of the best dance songs ever, shit video though.

I also like Heaven and Boys Of Summer (DJ Sammy)
You're Not Alone (Olive)
You are alive (Fragma)
Another Chance (Roger Sanchez)
Castle's In The Sky (Ian Van Dyke)
Missing (EBTG)
Take Me To The Clouds Above (lmc)
Falling Star (Cabin Crew)-I liked the 80's original as well
Call Me (Eric Prydz) ^same as above
In These Arms (Mylo)
Uninvited (Freemasons)
Open Your Mind (Ursula)

I like some of the songs by Chemical Brothers. I've got some albums by The Prodigy, an album by Basement Jaxx, Moby, Fatboy Slim and Daft Punk's Discovery.

Most of the recent dance songs are crap. Basshunters:|

Back
Top Bottom