This Song Sucks by Luke Giordano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a minute into his Bound 2 video. It was garbage. Some idiot who thinks he's funny with too much time on his hands misinterpreting other people's music.

And not sure why he has to speak to a camera mounted a metre above his head.

I got a minute into his Bound 2 video. It was garbage. Some idiot who thinks he's funny with too much time on his hands misinterpreting other people's music.

And not sure why he has to speak to a camera mounted a metre above his head.

This would be the same counter argument from Kanye fans to a person who only listened to a minute of his music and then dismissed him as a untalented loser. Same thing and who are you to say he has too much time on his hands. Seriously dude, your blind devotion to the cult of hip-hop or whatever music you worship is so obvious that astronauts from space can see it.

I know it's obvious. But I keep it up because, more than any other genre, I see ignorant, baseless claims levelled at hip-hop. I see artists who are creating brilliant music and working really hard dismissed as folly. I see great songs with important messages treated with contempt, not taken as seriously because they're backed with "oonts oonts oonts" rather than "real instruments". I see casual racism at play. I see people starting petitions to have black artists banned from entering Australia for misogyny in their lyrics but no petitions for all the white artists who have also penned misogynistic lyrics. It is a genre of music that has been giving me great joy my whole life, and I find it really fucking annoying when people dismiss it offhand.

I know it's obvious. But I keep it up because, more than any other genre, I see ignorant, baseless claims levelled at hip-hop. I see artists who are creating brilliant music and working really hard dismissed as folly. I see great songs with important messages treated with contempt, not taken as seriously because they're backed with "oonts oonts oonts" rather than "real instruments". I see casual racism at play. I see people starting petitions to have black artists banned from entering Australia for misogyny in their lyrics but no petitions for all the white artists who have also penned misogynistic lyrics. It is a genre of music that has been giving me great joy my whole life, and I find it really fucking annoying when people dismiss it offhand.

Why are you not a member of a hip-hop forum instead of spending 46, 212 posts on the U2 website? If you have an ax to grind then go take it up with an audience that appreciates what you're saying. And finally, in your complaints about the hip-hop genre and all it's criticisms, you have answered your own questions in your last post.

Why are you not a member of a hip-hop forum instead of spending 46, 212 posts on the U2 website? If you have an ax to grind then go take it up with an audience that appreciates what you're saying. And finally, in your complaints about the hip-hop genre and all it's criticisms, you have answered your own questions in your last post.

How thick are you? It is pretty easy to see that this particular sub-forum is for music discussion about artists and genres other than U2.

And what do you mean I've answered my own questions? I didn't even ask any.

How thick are you? It is pretty easy to see that this particular sub-forum is for music discussion about artists and genres other than U2.

And what do you mean I've answered my own questions? I didn't even ask any.

The question you are asking in all that loud complaining is "Why don't people respect hip-hop as a legitimate music form?....... because I cobl04 have loved it my whole life!.....and so should you!"

That is the ? and your answer is in the subtext of what you previously posted.

Please point it out, because I'm not seeing it.

Why can't you respect hip-hop? I don't like metal personally but I still respect the genre.

As a women I do not like being called a bitch, gold digger or any other sexist description. I don't need a constant reminder of race clashes, racial slurs, hatred and diatribe set to a monotonous heavy bass line and simplistic beat. I don't enjoy hearing it pointed out by a guy in tacky clothing and chains at every turn just how rich and ballin' you are so as to cover up real insecurities. And finally, if I want to hear "talk" then I'll put on talk radio. I listen to music for music. Singing, instrumentation, and melody.

Other than Rock and some of it's sub-genres, I listen to Jazz, Soul and Classical - that's it for me.

Nice cryptic messaging and obscure threats for people who have no idea what you are talking about.:doh:

Well, I wasn't threatening anyone, for starters. I was ignoring the rehashed bickering match you choose to partake in with CoBL on a regular basis, and pointing out that there is a much funnier Youtube channel out there that does something similar, that some might enjoy, but I don't watch it as much as LemonMelon does, so he would be able to point out what the funniest videos from it are, better than I could.

Fair enough about the misogyny (although remember there are millions of female hip-hop fans too) but the rest of your post shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the genre. Just admit that. Or stop talking about it. Or if you're going to keep talking about it, don't get shitty when other people call you out on it. Simple.

pointing out that there is a much funnier Youtube channel out there that does something similar, that some might enjoy, but I don't watch it as much as LemonMelon does, so he would be able to point out what the funniest videos from it are, better than I could.

Which took me two seconds to figure out.

Fair enough about the misogyny (although remember there are millions of female hip-hop fans too) but the rest of your post shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the genre. Just admit that. Or stop talking about it. Or if you're going to keep talking about it, don't get shitty when other people call you out on it. Simple.

Those women who listen to music that allow themselves to be sexualized, name called and used as a bartering tool should have a serious conversation with themselves and their self-worth. Obviously I don't have a fundamental misunderstanding of the genre because the very reputation hip-hop has fostered for itself is the reason for it's criticisms.

Those women who listen to music that allow themselves to be sexualized, name called and used a bartering tool should have a serious conversation with themselves and their self-worth. Obviously I don't have a fundamental misunderstanding of the genre because the very reputation hip-hop has fostered for itself is the reason for it's criticisms.

You should probably stop listening to rock music then.

Hey Ashley.

Hey, what's up?

I think it's time we have a serious conversation.

What about?

This hippity hop that you've been listening to.

Oh, that, yeah...

Well, I think it's maybe time you stop doing that.

Why?

It's misogynistic.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It does bug me from time to time.

Well, clearly you are allowing yourself to be sexualized, name called and used a a bartering tool.

Well, I mean, I do try to voice my opinion when I like an artist, but find the lyrics a little hard to swallow.

That's not good enough, Ashley. Do you realize what you're letting your ears here?

Yeah, but, I mean...it could be worse.

Oh, how?

I could be one of the millions of women reading and watching 50 Shades of Grey and just accepting abuse as love?

wsod.gif

Tons of misogyny in rock, country, pop, etc. As far as "tacky" clothing, also tons of it in every genre.

I personally don't enjoy much EDM or Country, but I don't put the genres down.

Agreed, which is why I stay away from misogynistic songs and artists in the rock space too. Jazz, Soul and Classical are very uplifting to the mind and spirit and speak to the betterment of society rather than tearing it down (I'm starting to feel like Bono giving one of his speeches here :lol:)

Hey Ashley.

Hey, what's up?

What about?

Oh, that, yeah...

Why?

It's misogynistic.

Well, clearly you are allowing yourself to be sexualized, name called and used a a bartering tool.

Well, I mean, I do try to voice my opinion when I like an artist, but find the lyrics a little hard to swallow.

That's not good enough, Ashley. Do you realize what you're letting your ears here?

Oh, how?

I could be one of the millions of women reading and watching 50 Shades of Grey and just accepting abuse as love?

wsod.gif

:lol: I have to say that was funny. I really mean it and I love the way you put "50 Shades Of Grey" at the end :applaud: I agree with your thoughts on abuse as love too. :up:

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

You need someone
Older and wiser
Telling you what to do
I am 17 going on 18
I'll take care of you

Hey Ashley.

Hey, what's up?

What about?

Oh, that, yeah...

Why?

It's misogynistic.

Oh, how?

wsod.gif

:heart:

iMfCoet.gif

Agreed, which is why I stay away from misogynistic songs and artists in the rock space too. Jazz, Soul and Classical are very uplifting to the mind and spirit and speak to the betterment of society rather than tearing it down (I'm starting to feel like Bono giving one of his speeches here :lol:)

Try not to fall off that high horse, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom