This Song Sucks by Luke Giordano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming RBW deleted "Exit" from her copy of The Joshua Tree. Just too dark and negative.

Bottom line is not every person is going to like every genre of music, however if you don't like it don't listen to it.

It is in the genealogy of a public forum such as this for people to argue about art which at its heart has nothing to do with understanding, in the end you like it or you don't.

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you would find somebody that would argue shitting in the toilet has relevance as a music form - that is up to them. Its very difficult if not impossible to change somebodies personal opinion/perception.

Having said all of this I find it entertaining that people think their opinion is the only one that matters and will push very hard to get it across, to the point of being derogatory and saying somebody is stupid.

Respect others and they will respect you back in general.

Nah, we're not talking about liking or disliking a specific genre here. I wish we were because this discussion would be over already. No, ultimately, this is a discussion of what is "OK" and "not OK" to sing or rap about. Which is a constrictive way of looking at art that would be outright damaging if everyone felt the same way but hey, if that's the way RBW wants to spend her time, more power to her I guess.

Having said all of this I find it entertaining that people think their opinion is the only one that matters and will push very hard to get it across, to the point of being derogatory and saying somebody is stupid.

Respect others and they will respect you back in general.

I don't respect opinions that are based on ignorance.

Well this was dumb. The only thing that sucks is that dude's YouTube channel.

Watching that was like reading Fox News Facebook comments.

Except a lot less amusing.

It's a crying shame this guy's channel couldn't have been brought to light by a far less annoying poster, because I find it good and actually agree with many of his points. Most of the songs he pans are absolute crap, if we're completely honest, and he doesn't pick on rap per se. Actually, most of the songs that purport to be rap that he disses aren't even real rap in my books, so in actual fact he doesn't really diss rap much at all. Whoops, fail troll has failed to make a point. lol

Anyways, on one of these videos (Small Town Throwdown) he at the end entertained a question from a viewer as to what types of songs he does like. He provided a link to his Spotify list, which I quite enjoyed. It's a little old school in some respects but he does include many genres, and has decent taste. Good for him:

https://play.spotify.com/user/lukefilmsltd/playlist/0E4CqW19jmRjkSnhE0vmuU

It's a crying shame this guy's channel couldn't have been brought to light by a far less annoying poster, because I find it good and actually agree with many of his points. Most of the songs he pans are absolute crap, if we're completely honest, and he doesn't pick on rap per se. Actually, most of the songs that purport to be rap that he disses aren't even real rap in my books, so in actual fact he doesn't really diss rap much at all. Whoops, fail troll has failed to make a point. lol

Anyways, on one of these videos (Small Town Throwdown) he at the end entertained a question from a viewer as to what types of songs he does like. He provided a link to his Spotify list, which I quite enjoyed. It's a little old school in some respects but he does include many genres, and has decent taste. Good for him:

https://play.spotify.com/user/lukefilmsltd/playlist/0E4CqW19jmRjkSnhE0vmuU

gvox I am done with trying to have any more debates on rap or hip-hop at this point and personally plan to not bring it up again. You all can chastise me and make fun of my opinions but that's all they are so get over yourselves and move on. I am posting these Luke Giordano videos just because they are funny and not to prove any kind of point.

What I don't agree with is you calling me "fucking annoying" "fail troll" and other insults. Where do you get off being so insulting? I expect an apology from you because you're out of line. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom