this decades one hit wonders and has beens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
Since its june of 2009 , i think we can try to figure the one hit wonders and bands that a couple good albums and then crapped out by now. you know vh1 has had plenty of shows about the where are they now? bands and one hit wonder bands of the past from the history of rock. so who is it in the '00s? who isn't making the transition to the the 2010's and who will be looked at in the same way disco and hair metal and middle of the road alt rock is now? and it has to be a band thats already getting laughed at. Example, Quiet riot had a huge album in 1981 or so. next album couple years later, sold next to nothing. and by like 1988 , the band was a disaster.

sean-paul.jpg

The past two examples are exactly why popular music is a fucking joke today. They are garbage, but that is what passes for good music these days, and despite the fact that they would have been laughed out of town in times gone by, they are now hugely successful recording artists.

The past two examples are exactly why popular music is a fucking joke today. They are garbage, but that is what passes for good music these days, and despite the fact that they would have been laughed out of town in times gone by, they are now hugely successful recording artists.

It happens in every decade or era of music... just now that we have it shoved in our faces more makes it more apparent.

I'm only 18, I don't really know all the crap from previous decades. I just know I can't stand 90% of the music they play on commercial radio.

I'm 17, (almost 18, actually) and can relate to disliking most of what's on commercial radio, too. It happens.

I have no idea who either of those people DaveC posted are. I'll take his word for it that they suck.

It happens in every decade or era of music... just now that we have it shoved in our faces more makes it more apparent.

In 10 years, the worst of the worst won't be remembered and people will remember the 00s in a more positive light than we see it. No one will remember Soulja Boy unless it is as a cheesy artist of the 00s who everyone laughs at and can't believe was ever popular

The worst will be remembered as the worst as well as the so-called "best of the best", it's the mediocrity that'll fall through the cracks.

What do you remember from the '90s? Is it all of the "great" stuff? No, Sir Mix-a-Lot finds his way in there, I'll bet.

The worst will be remembered as the worst as well as the so-called "best of the best", it's the mediocrity that'll fall through the cracks.

What do you remember from the '90s? Is it all of the "great" stuff? No, Sir Mix-a-Lot finds his way in there, I'll bet.

The funny thing is the worst stuff from the 90s, the 80s, the 70s all seems so funny to me now but yeah you're right mediocrity will disappear for the most part. Then again thanks to the subjective nature of music, some people actually think that's played on the radio is good for the most part so...maybe what will be remembered as the great tracks will be the songs we all hate :lol:

I have heard of Soulja Boy and have heard the song once or twice, but I couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup.

Is he the first or the second guy DaveC posted? And then who's the other one?

The funny thing is the worst stuff from the 90s, the 80s, the 70s all seems so funny to me now but yeah you're right mediocrity will disappear for the most part. Then again thanks to the subjective nature of music, some people actually think that's played on the radio is good for the most part so...maybe what will be remembered as the great tracks will be the songs we all hate :lol:

Oh yeah, a lot of it's funny, then there's Nickelback.

Don't diss Baby Got Back, man. That shit is gold.

36-24-36... yeah, only if she's 5'3".

I have heard of Soulja Boy and have heard the song once or twice, but I couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup.

Is he the first or the second guy DaveC posted? And then who's the other one?

The one with Soulja Boy written on his glasses is Soulja Boy.

The other is Sean Paul.

The one song I'll defend forever is "Just a Friend." Holy shit, that's achieved almost mythical status in my car rotation.

Just a Friend is everything you want from a song ... and more. So much more.

Some 2000's one hit wonders off the top of the dome:

Afroman - Because I Got High
t.a.t.u. - Whatever that song was called
Willa Ford - I Wanna Be Bad (?)
Bowling For Soup - Girl All the Bad Guys Want
That douchey John Mayer wannabe dude with his acoustic guitar

I'll think of some more later.

Edited to add...Atomic Kitten - Whole Again

+44, but only because blink-182 reunited.
babyshambles/The Libertines/ Pete Doherty
Scissor Sisters (WTF happened to them, anyway?)
The Network (okay, so this one's a joke but so is...)
Foxboro Hot Tubs

Not Gonna Get Us

:shifty:

Sure you're not just thinking of John Mayer?

Haha no, I want to say he was a blonde dude. But yeah he might as well be the Mayer himself.

+44, but only because blink-182 reunited.
babyshambles/The Libertines/ Pete Doherty
Scissor Sisters (WTF happened to them, anyway?)
The Network (okay, so this one's a joke but so is...)
Foxboro Hot Tubs

The Libertines were nowhere near a one hit wonder. Possibly the biggest rock band in the Uk for a good 2 to 3 year stretch and they had at least 5 big singles.

Back
Top Bottom