Think long and hard, back to your childhood and tell us how you got into music! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Old 11-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:26 AM
My early childhood:

YouTube - ABBA-S.O.S.

YouTube - Cats the musical [Dvd] - 20 - Up to the Heavyside Layer

YouTube - クリストファー・ク��ス   ニューヨーク・シティ・セレナーデ

YouTube - Don't you Forget About Me-Simple Minds

YouTube - Fantasma da Opera - All I Ask of You

YouTube - Lionel Richie "All Night Long" Live 1984

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Beat It

purple rain

purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:26 PM
I just mentioned in the Kylie!!! thread that her song "Locomotion" introduced me to music, when I was 5. Then came "Take My Breath Away". Then I got into the New Kids On The Block like all other girls my age. And it was all about music from there on.

Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:26 PM
My parents were never what you consider 'music lovers', but they always had a radio playing when I was growing up. They most often listened to country stations when I was a wee tot, but there was generally a rock station playing somewhere around the house or in the car. I credit Gary Rafferty's 'Baker Street' as the starting point of my personal love affair with music. I distinctly remember hearing it on the radio and falling in love with it - especially the sax solo. I must have been about 5 years old & it stuck with me; I ended up playing tenor sax in jazz/pops band & orchestra during middle & high school. I remember loving Eileen Elliman's 'If I Can't Have You'; Elton John's 'Benny & The Jets'; Supertramp's 'Breakfast in America'; Helen Reddy was also a great favorite when I was around 7 or so. Particularly 'Delta Dawn' (Dawn's my middle name & I was always so excited to hear it on the radio in a song ).

Anyway, by my teenage years I was all about Quaterflash, Pat Benatar, Queen, Berlin, The Police, U2, Kajagoogoo, INXS, Duran Duran, The Eurythmics, Soft Cell, Modern English, Roxy Music, The Clash, Big Country, Human League, Simple Minds..... good grief, I could go on forever. About 12-13 years old, I also got really interested in 50's/60's stuff, too - The Supremes, Beatles, Frankie Avalon, The Four Tops, Petula Clark, The Dave Clark 5, The Beach Boys, The Royal Guardsman.... you get the picture.

I'm still all over the place with my listening habits... rock, some rap, some dance, oldies, etc. Great thread idea - I love learning about other's developmental years.
BluRmGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:26 AM
The first music I was into as a youngster was from Disney. I think the first movie I ever saw in a theater was "Pinochio" when I was three or four (this was back when they re-released the classic Disney films in theaters from time to time because there weren't any VCRs yet). I loved "When You Wish Upon A Star." I still do, in fact. My first records were of songs from those old Disney movies.

A bit later on, I got into what my older siblings listened to. My sister, who I shared a room with, loved Broadway musicals and played those records all the time. As for my brothers, they listened to the Beatles.

I didn't really listen to music on the radio much until I was 11 or so and got my own radio for Christmas. I mostly listened to whatever happened to be on the Top 40 when I was in junior high and high school. I lived in a small town and that's about all there was on the radio for music (except country, which I hated). Then my musical soul was saved by Bruce Springsteen, and then U2.

Bono's shades is offline   Reply With Quote