There's a great song for ya.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best thing posted in this thread so far.

You actually prefer "Awkward Silence Cricket Sound" over Fleetwood Mac, Suede, Rory Gallagher, Dinosaur Jr., Crowded House, Broken Social Scene, The Hollies, CCR, The Alarm, The Faces, Stevie Wonder, ZZ Top, School Of Fish, Red Fang, Redd Kross, Swervedriver, Mott The Hoople, Dion, Catherine Wheel, Aimee Mann, David Bowie, The Supremes, Van Morrison, The Waterboys, &, Rush?.

I guess that's understandable. You've wished myself dead and called my wife a whore. I hold a very different opinion, so, we're obviously going to disagree on music.

You actually prefer "Awkward Silence Cricket Sound" over Fleetwood Mac, Suede, Rory Gallagher, Dinosaur Jr., Crowded House, Broken Social Scene, The Hollies, CCR, The Alarm, The Faces, Stevie Wonder, ZZ Top, School Of Fish, Red Fang, Redd Kross, Swervedriver, Mott The Hoople, Dion, Catherine Wheel, Aimee Mann, David Bowie, The Supremes, Van Morrison, The Waterboys, &, Rush?

Allrighty. We have it on record.

coblo4 thinks "Awkward Silence Cricket Sound" is better than "Teenage Wildlife" by David Bowie.

It's a rather strange opinion, but, hey, different strokes for different folks.

Can you recommend me a record of "pig grunts" that you find preferable to Stevie Wonder records?

I need to hear that.

I'll tell you what a great song is:

Sweet Thing-Candidate-Sweet Thing (reprise).

Although I appreciate the love for 'em (especially in this place) War Paint is not one of the 50 best Rush songs much less "the best". It's not even one of the 3 best on its own album (Presto, The Pass, Show Don't Tell) and arguably isn't even in the top 5 on its own album. An album (Presto), while a pretty good album, that is probably no better than the 7th best Rush album. It's about like saying Breathe is the best U2 song ever. Good song but there's a long distance between a good song and their best song ever. That's all.

Although I appreciate the love for 'em (especially in this place) War Paint is not one of the 50 best Rush songs much less "the best". It's not even one of the 3 best on its own album (Presto, The Pass, Show Don't Tell) and arguably isn't even in the top 5 on its own album. An album (Presto), while a pretty good album, that is probably no better than the 7th best Rush album. It's about like saying Breathe is the best U2 song ever. Good song but there's a long distance between a good song and their best song ever. That's all.

My favorite changes from week to week. I love all the songs you mentioned, but I occasionally rate "Available Light" as the best Rush song ever.

I have a vinyl copy of "Power Windows" in transit to my house. So, next week, this will be the greatest Rush song ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkTfybI2ofE

As uncool and dorky as rock can get. Cheese with cheese sauce. Music fitting of Geddy Lee's 1985 hair.

But it lifts me up. God damn that's good shit.

Can you recommend me a record of "pig grunts" that you find preferable to Stevie Wonder records?

I need to hear that.

Can't think of any off hand, but the guy who does this show at umass Amherst may know:

http://martiangardens.blogspot.com/?m=1

I don't know if mofo ever caught any of that guy's stuff the semester that my show followed that dude's, but if he did and recalls, there were probably entire half hour-long pieces devoted to pigs grunting. I know he played some cricket-chirping.

I listened to that Death mini-LP, the one with the song Schloop posted. Glad I did. A lot of my favorite music sounds like that.

Back
Top Bottom