There's a great song for ya.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't....what did you do? Play bass over the song?

They're a two-piece. They don't have a bass player. Thus, no bass. Not ignorance, just lack of hands.

I didn't. As I said in my original post, dudeman did. And he made it better.

Just like Steven McDonald made "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" better by giving it some low end.

Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground - The White Stripes + Steve McDonald - YouTube

Dude made a good song fanfuckingtastic!

Bass players are cheap, everywhere, and generally agreeable. There's really no reason not to have one.

I've seen that song live, twice. I hope they never take it out of the setlist. Nels' guitar solo :heart::heart::heart:

I must be the only Wilco fan who doesn't like that song.

to each their own, but you have to admit there's something awesome about watching that dude dance around that beat up old jazzmaster.

apparently they do this shit all the time:

Wilco - Impossible Germany (Live on Letterman) - YouTube

as far as i'm concerned, the first half is great, but if you just wanted to play the song from 2:30 or so on, thats where the money is.

holy crap, batman!

i just watched this video and i don't know where else to turn so i came here.
i know, this song ('My Body' by Young the Giant) is a frontrunner and all that, but it's totally awesome.

thinking that this would be a cracker live, i did a youtube search and found evidence of the following snuff film/house party. as they (the band) pull people up on stage, they (the people getting pulled up on stage) get lamer and lamer, and the finale serves as an homage to all that is douchey and horrible in america and the world at large. completely oblivious to what is happening around them... they're texting and shit, as the song builds to it's tremendous conclusion. it's totally fucking amazing. they couldn't have staged it better.

anyway... what an awesome tune! it's like "Sit Down" by James on good old-fashioned American steroids. i fucking love it. As such, i've also attached another video that is far more better, in my opinion, as the crowd is far more appropriately batshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skTVD06c_yU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk3rzPnpgzc

Doctor Wu by Steely Dan - YouTube.flv - YouTube

The first time I heard this, my heart grew three sizes that day. I think I was about 9 or 10, and it was part of what caused them to be a band I listened to regularly instead of just casually whenever my dad put them on. What I love most about this band is how tuneful they can be underneath their clinical, caustic exterior, and this track is an example of them running with those pop impulses. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this song because I can't imagine Steely Dan coming up with something so purely warm, sad and heart-wrenchingly beautiful. But there it is.

Gorgeous. I truly, truly love Donald Fagen's voice. It really soars in the chorus there, and on many of the Aja tracks I love.

I just read Fagen and Becker refuse to listen to the album owing to its poor sound quality?

Steely Dan has got to be the most bizarre and unexpected of the beloved artists on this board. But I love the enthusiasm you guys have for them/him.

What prompts you to say that?

I remember the first time I listened to Aja... one of the extremely few times I've heard an old album and it has been exactly what I hoped for and then some.

I'm just surprised at how often they come up, and always in an extremely positive light. It's not a critique - just an observation.

I found it surprising especially since I was under the impression that reelin in the years was the only song anyone had ever heard, and couldn't imagine anyone ever liking that boring pile of shit. Having been forced to listen to some solo Fagen tape on too many car rides as a kid, I will never have anything but hate for anything steely dan related.

I found it surprising especially since I was under the impression that reelin in the years was the only song anyone had ever heard, and couldn't imagine anyone ever liking that boring pile of shit. Having been forced to listen to some solo Fagen tape on too many car rides as a kid, I will never have anything but hate for anything steely dan related.

That tape was probably the Nightfly, if I had to guess. I love that album but anything post-Royal Scam is going to lack a lot of the grit (especially in the guitar work) that I love about the band.

Back
Top Bottom