Them Crooked Vultures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they going to alternate on vocals, or will Homme be singing everything?

Sure looks better than Chickenfoot, that's for sure.

I didn't catch enough of them at ACL to really speak to the Homme vocals thing. He sang both songs I saw. Was a cool show, though, and at least I've seen half of Zeppelin live now. I dug the songs I managed to hear, so this album is worth looking forward to. Just don't feel like listening to a stream on the You Tubes.

I saw Page & Plant when they toured back in '94/'95, so I've got half covered also.

Grohl actually has a decent voice for harder and softer stuff, it's certainly not what keeps me away from Foo Fighters (I love the first album, and the second one is very good).

Nice. I still dig Walking Into Clarksdale. I know, it was later in the decade, but 11 year old Impy was forced to listen to that thing a lot, so it sort of holds a special place for me. I'd love to see Page. Plant on the Mighty Rearranger tour was awesome. Underrated album, too.

I like Dave Grohl just fine, and early Foo Fighters continues to be quality stuff. It just hasn't been my thing over the last few albums, but I certainly don't harbor any animosity toward them. As far as radio-friendly mega bands go, they're somewhere near the top.

I should probably put this in Unpopular Opinions (II), but I think Walking Into Clarksdale is better than In Through The Out Door, and maybe Presence as well.

Having listened to the album it's Homme on lead vocals the entire time. Grohl backs. It's an interesting album, the first half is very throwback classic rock while the second is more modern, I can hear the Homme's influence a bit more. I really do like it.

Having listened to the album it's Homme on lead vocals the entire time. Grohl backs. It's an interesting album, the first half is very throwback classic rock while the second is more modern, I can hear the Homme's influence a bit more. I really do like it.

Interesting. He already is lead in two or three other bands, no?

I'm surprised Grohl deferred in this regard. Are the songs all co-written?

I guess I just hold "Most High" in a little higher regard than you.

Glad to hear it's a solid album, Condom Chick.

Seeing these live next month so I'll have one whole quarter of Led Zep down. May not be three quarters, but it's better than no quarter.

As for the Foos, The Colour and the Shape is my favourite, which I guess is quite common. I also dig There Is Nothing Left To Lose. I may not be able to listen to Learn to Fly anymore, but the rest of the album holds up in a more laidback style. Their most recent effort shits all over both albums inbetween.

really love this album.

its definitely has homme all over it, most of the songs could pass for QOTSA. i like grohl and some ff's albums, but homme >>>>>>>grohl as a song writer and singer. grohl should take a back seat to him everytime and it sounds like he has here.

Back
Top Bottom