The XX - XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah. really, the whole album is very strong. nice and mellow but some very cool noises thrown in.

Gave the whole record a shot, guess I'm going to have to miss the boat on this one. While minimalism is often the way to go for new bands, this album is simply too sparse, and the songs tease the listener without actually offering much. I liked Shelter and Night Time a lot though, those were nice.

Forgot I downloaded bought this thing last week. Time for a listen.

Holy shit, this thing is gooooooood. Only complaint? The chick isn't as hot as her voice leads one to believe. Still though. Fucking awesome stuff.

Welp, they're playing here November 19. Thing is, they're merely the support act for Friendly Fires.

Eh, I'll go anyway.

There have been a few "y'alls" peppered in lately too. Look out.

i like :up: it is pleasant. i've been looking for more pleasant stuff to listen to at night when i'm reading at work, stuff that won't wake up whoever i'm working with if they're napping...turns out not everyone finds angry hardcore to be soothing.

I checked it out. I think I like it, although it started seeming a little "samey" by about halfway through. Kind of a nice mellow listen, though.

Boy, I really love this album. Just nabbed an import of the vinyl.

I can't believe I didn't listen to this until today. A co-worker recommended them, and I was just blown away. At least it managed to hit my ears before the end of the year...it's probably going to nab a top 10 spot at this point.

I like it a lot, but I can't find myself wanting to rate it that highly. It's really pleasant, and there are a few songs on it I love a little too much ("VCR", "Shelter"), but overall it doesn't feel like there's a lot TOO the album.

I didn't think it was that special on the first couple of listens, but somehow this album just managed to get under my skin.

They're touring here next year apparently. I love the album but I don't know if its hushed low-key vibe will translate live.

Gave it a third listen, and yeah, this album definitely works extremely well at night. I mean, nothing really happens, but at this hour, do you honestly notice? Probably not. It's a soundtrack to your mental state. A few songs do stand out though...damn, Shelter and Night Time are fine songs. Nothing awful here either. I probably should rank this higher than #44 of the 105 albums I've heard this year, but its superiors aren't quite so nocturnal.

I only recently listened to this for the first time as well.

I really like the vibe of it. Listening to it while driving at night was really cool.

It's a 2009 favorite; there isn't a song that really blows you away on here, but nothing is truly bad either. And it's almost like that's the way it should be. This is a true album in the purest sense.

And I'm not sure if I'm making sense, but whatever.

I only recently listened to this for the first time as well.

I really like the vibe of it. Listening to it while driving at night was really cool.

It's a 2009 favorite; there isn't a song that really blows you away on here, but nothing is truly bad either. And it's almost like that's the way it should be. This is a true album in the purest sense.

And I'm not sure if I'm making sense, but whatever.

Yes, you definitely are. My co-worker and I were just chatting about it this morning, and we also agreed that it's a beautifully cohesive album that doesn't jump around too much, but it feels so unified that it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom