The XX - XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a very good album. That's the key. Each part works well with the album as a whole, even if it doesn't have a real "standout."

I think that's the thought most people came away with, though. I really dug this album.

Is it weird if Intro is my favorite song on this album?

Not at all. That was the first one to really catch my ear on the album. The fact that it's used in the Olympic promos constantly (and sped up ridiculously) kind of makes me sad, but oh well.

Not at all. That was the first one to really catch my ear on the album.

If track 1 was the first to catch your ear, this album grew on you a lot more quickly than it did for me. :wink:

It's fantastic though. I anticipate listening to this for many years to come, which is more than I can say for a lot of 2009 releases. I have no idea when it finally clicked for me, but in the right environment, hot damn.

I would like to say that I also hate how they speed it up in that commercial. Luckily it probably won't be shown again after today.

1bl00d mentioned it was in that commercial a few posts prior. :shh:

Word. I also mentioned the speeding up before in said post. :wink:

The fact that it's used in the Olympic promos constantly (and sped up ridiculously) kind of makes me sad, but oh well.

I would like to say that I also hate how they speed it up in that commercial. Luckily it probably won't be shown again after today.

Definitely my least favorite part of it being used is the increase in tempo. I get it, Ohno's fast. I don't need the music to go faster than usual to tell me that.

So apparently I've been hearing Crystallized for the last year or so on Local Alternative Station, but never bothered finding out the artist. Cool. The male/female duet is, as mentioned upthread, really appealing. And Intro's chimy guitar-synth-string-drum ambience is right in my wheelhouse.

Gotta give this album a little more time to find out if its aggressive relaxation is a unique taste, or ultimately too slight, but I'm really glad I stumbled on this: (related!)

The Beauty of Pixar on Vimeo

Pretty cool that you get a free download of the album by buying a ticket to one of their shows.

Where have you been, phanan?

A few others seem to be fairly disappointed with it. I've only heard the singles.

u2popmofo said:
Where have you been, phanan?

A few others seem to be fairly disappointed with it. I've only heard the singles.

A combination of summer, family death, friend's family death, and just life in general got in the way the past couple of months. Hopefully things are back to normal now.

Backlash for what? That it sounds exactly like the last one?

Rateyourmusic was harsh
Atease was harsh
Opinions here have been lukewarm so far

A lot of the tunes aren't sticking with people. Personally, I just like the aesthetic. Wonderful atmosphere. But I suppose people don't listen to the xx solely for their ambient qualities.

Back
Top Bottom