The Worst Songs of 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I have a horrible feeling there's already a thread on this year's worst offerings, but I haven't the time to search, and it's always fun to talk about this, so what the hell.

These songs represent, along with the couldn't-possibly-be-any-less-subtle premature ejaculation ads, what is so hideously wrong with commercial radio.

Most of you probably just "don't listen" to the radio, but for some of us we have no choice.

I'm going to throw up three offerings, two of them are probably 08 songs, but I only heard them for the first time this year, and they suck so much they're worth being listed twice.

The first is one few outside of Ostraya will have heard, and that's 'Hey Boys and Girls (Truth of the World)' by Evermore. A catchy song at first listen, after repeated listens it's a bore wrecked by some moron going "ooooh" after every chorus line. It's the lead single of their new concept album, Truth of the World, in which the concept is something pathetic along the lines of excessive, gratutious infotainment or something. They were better when synced with The OC.

And the last is Human, I know it's an 08 song, but it's still crap. I'd rather listen to Use Somebody. Enough said.

I've heard some dead set awful songs on the radio, but I'm not sure exactly if they were released this year or not. Sure I've heard the Evermore song, but it doesn't ring a bell right now.

Can I just say GOYB for now?

Human is brilliant, lovely song, can't agree there. An experience in itself live.

That Hey Boys and Girls song I've only heard twice. Just a bit boring for my liking. Not ghastly though. Running was a terrific tune, but their new album is getting savaged in the press. Deservedly so maybe...

I just looked at the latest singles chart and realised I know only about 10 of the songs on there (most of them from '08), kinda reflecting how seldom I listen to radio at all anymore...

The new Katy Perry song (the one that sounds like Alanis Morissette) is even worse than I Kissed A Girl :yuck:

Don't know if Right Now (Na Na Na) by Akon is from this year or not, but it sure is awful. I can put up with most of the stuff I hear on commercial radio but I switch this one right off before that idiotic chorus has a chance to burrow into my brain.

ida marie...whatever that song is about liking you better naked. so fucking annoying. i saw them open for glasvegas, thinking i'd never heard of them before. as their set went on i thought, alright, these guys aren't too bad. "stella" was particularly good. then they busted out with that song and i lost all respect i might have gained. :down: other than that, i don't think i've heard too many '09 songs on the radio. hell, that might be from last year and we're just getting around to playing it in the US now.

There is a very unclever, not even attempting to be subtle song about "you look cooler with something in your mouth" that gets played all the time...

Portugal was right about these guys.

There is a very unclever, not even attempting to be subtle song about "you look cooler with something in your mouth" that gets played all the time...

Portugal was right about these guys.

Case. Closed.

I forget which thread I was in where I said that song was clearly designed for use in strip clubs. Basically the entire album was (yes, I listened to the iTunes samples for the lulz).

Hey Flo Rida, I don't care if someone spins you right round. And if you do get spun right round, I hope this guy does it:

DEAD%20OR%20ALIVE%20-%20YOU%20%20-%20MURDER%20-%20jp.JPG

I think the Flo Rida song is the only one of those mentioned that i've actually heard, and I just heard it for the first time yesterday.

Thank God for good independent radio stations, I usually can completely avoid ever hearing this garbage.

Anything by Lady GaGa.
I watched MuchMusic videoflow the other morning to see how long I could handle it. Didn't last too long.

make love nanananna

kate perrys song about her soldier boyfriend (with respect) sorry, but it IS annoyin, her voice in it anyhow.

I love P!nk, but hated her song Sober

the new song by Kanye West (for fuk sake he is using that electronic mouth thing for everything now! :down:.)

BUT THE WORST OFFENDER IN THE CHARTS AT THE MOMENT HAS TO BE THAT RIDICULOUS UGLY UNPASSIONATE WASTEFUL PILE OF DUNG THATS JUST COVERED IN FLIES BY FLO-RIDER CALLED 'YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND'

omg - this song is so bad when I hear it I want to deck Flo over the head with a deckchair so hard! :cross:

its such a dumb song. dumb dumb DUMB!

Back
Top Bottom