The Worst Songs of 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
21 Guns by Green Day. I'd rather listen to Use Somebody, in all honesty. Rubbish

Nah. At the very least, Know Your Enemy is more offensive. That entire album was dreck.

I still haven't heard a worse song than Use Somebody this year. It's the king of crappy, faceless bro ballads.

Had to bump this. For two reasons. First one is apparently this garbage fucking band called Daughtry are still around (there is no need for one nickleback, two should be punishable by death) and they have a song out.

But the second and main reason:

21 Guns by Green Day. I'd rather listen to Use Somebody, in all honesty. Rubbish

Ah yeah Daughtry, that wanker won American Idol a few years back I think, that's why his band is big.

I do like 21 Guns.

Oh, you guys didn't hear? Black Eyed Peas shut this thread down. "I Gotta Feeling" took the worst song of 2009 when it was first heard by human ears. L'chaim!

Nah, tis a great tune. Goes off when out some nights. Nice joyous tune....

FergiePee.jpg

Mazel tov!

How the hell can you hate "Poker Face"? Go away. Go. Away.

It's easy, dumb lyrics, shit singing, awful video that's laugh worthy, and feels like it goes on forever with an annoying chorus repeating over and over again

The music in it makes it much better than LoveGame though

It's easy, dumb lyrics, shit singing, awful video that's laugh worthy, and feels like it goes on forever with an annoying chorus repeating over and over again

The music in it makes it much better than LoveGame though

The music video has fucking nothing to do with whether or not the song is good.

The fact that it's constantly played on music channels means it's hard to ignore, means the song annoys me more

Plus it's hard to look away from her "dancing" and hand movements who means you end up seeing several seconds of the video, which means you hear the song which means my ears hurt

Agreed.

I don't listen to the radio much, but hearing "Pokerface" or songs like that every once and a while isn't bad. Catchy bubblegum shit that girls like to dance to, what's wrong with that?

I won't have it on my iPod or anything, but avoid the overexposure (which is really easy) and you'll save yourself the needless headache.

The fact that it's constantly played on music channels means it's hard to ignore, means the song annoys me more

Plus it's hard to look away from her "dancing" and hand movements who means you end up seeing several seconds of the video, which means you hear the song which means my ears hurt
This.

Which is not a legitimate criticism of the song.

Which is not a legitimate criticism of the song.

Well if the question is what is the worst song in terms of songwriting of 2009? Then yeah it's not the worst song, I'm sure some garage bands out there are making absolute shite that is even worse

But if the question is what songs from 2009 do I dislike listening to the most, then to me it counts as it's a reason I dislike hearing the song. As Ashley says I'm saying why I dislike it, this isn't some objective argument as to why it sucks, it's my opinion on why I dislike hearing it.

Back
Top Bottom