The Worst Songs of 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think topics like this actually cut a bit closer to the bone when we throw out the uber-commercial obvious choices that clearly would blow goats, anyway.

Let's talk about musical offerings that nominally probably should be ok, but are in actuality, toxic.

My suggestion thus far is by a US 'pop punk' band I can't remember the name of, but the lyric is about the singer meeting some girl who is a lesbian and he thinks it's Tegan or Sara but isn't sure which. Frat boy circle-jerk.

Also there are some prime candidates from among the no-talent ranks of (certain heavily-rotated, admittedly not all) Aussie hip hop, where artists with nothing to say talk about themselves, their status in the scene, their time on tour, and themselves.

And the above is not coming from someone who rejects hip hop, as such.

Hint: don't tell me about how real you are keeping it. Just do it. Show, don't tell.

"Unknown Caller" is up there for me.

"Cock Crazy" and "Stand Up Referee" are worse. I'm not going to get into any bashing because everyone just calls me a dick when I do, but I listened to the whole thing for the first time in a while this weekend. Boy, that's a bad album.

I haven't listened to Outer South yet, but I'm sure I'd find several awful, awful songs on it given how terrible I felt last year's self-titled was.

You guys might want to hold your votes since we know there's a ***** reunion, album, and tour this year.

Had to bump this. For two reasons. First one is apparently this garbage fucking band called Daughtry are still around (there is no need for one nickleback, two should be punishable by death) and they have a song out.

But the second and main reason:

21 Guns by Green Day. I'd rather listen to Use Somebody, in all honesty. Rubbish

"Cock Crazy" and "Stand Up Referee" are worse. I'm not going to get into any bashing because everyone just calls me a dick when I do, but I listened to the whole thing for the first time in a while this weekend. Boy, that's a bad album.

You don't like NLOTH? :ohmy:

Also, having just browsed several classic threads... I miss your dancing elephant.

I don't have much to contribute to the topic because whatever new albums I listen to end up kicking ass and I hardly ever subject myself to Top 40 crap.

I've been browsing off and on for some time. Anyway, how do you compare it to the last 2? Just curious.

It's certainly better than the last two, and the last track is their best of the 00's. But there are some downright embarrassing things going on in that record, despite a few nice moments.

It's certainly better than the last two, and the last track is their best of the 00's. But there are some downright embarrassing things going on in that record, despite a few nice moments.

The first 3 and last 4 songs are awesome. I cannot find anything wrong with them. But yeah, the mid-section is weak. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread anymore.

Oh, you guys didn't hear? Black Eyed Peas shut this thread down. "I Gotta Feeling" took the worst song of 2009 when it was first heard by human ears. L'chaim!

Oh, you guys didn't hear? Black Eyed Peas shut this thread down. "I Gotta Feeling" took the worst song of 2009 when it was first heard by human ears. L'chaim!

Definitely up there for me. I recently had to hear "Party in the USA" by MILEY and it was positively dreadful as well.

And yeah. "Stand Up Referee" is the worst song on No Net and possibly their worst all time.

Definitely up there for me. I recently had to hear "Party in the USA" by MILEY and it was positively dreadful as well.

And yeah. "Stand Up Referee" is the worst song on No Net and possibly their worst all time.

I heard that in Subway today. My friend said he hated it, and I told him, "This is what all of your shitty music sounds like, though."

Then I came back here and listened to awesome shit.

I think I'll back out of this thread before I'm compelled to give my opinion on "Party in the USA"

I know you love THE POP MUZIK!, but even you have to admit it's shitty song.

Granted, I saw the performance of it on the VH1 Divas thing and it featured one of the worst vocal performances ever.

Nothing wrong with pop music, although I don't really know any Hannah Montana songs to agree with the GAF Man about them being good.

I just meant that GAF tends to enjoy the mainstream pop more than most of this forum does. I like me some good pop music as well.

Back
Top Bottom