The Wild Beasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
If you don't like men singing falsetto, this band will likely not be for you. Quite indie rock I suppose, but some beautiful sounding songs, and both vocalists are excellent, one sounding a bit like Guy Carvey from Elbow, while the other I would compare to a male version of Kate Bush (plus an incredibly dodgy moustache). A bit vaudeville in parts, but highly enjoyable and I recommend them heartily, haven't left my ears for months now.

Thinking about it if you like Vampire Weekend, you should quite like The Wild Beasts, but I reckon the Wild Beasts are better, anyway video below for Devil's Crayon:

watch

Hmm...I liked it. I really liked the vocals and strange lyrics. Do you recommend any other songs by them? Do you like their whole album?

No other takers? I thought they would be right up some folks alley here:hmm:

So nada, nothing, not even a 'they're shit and that moustache is burning my eyes, make it stop, make it stop!!':wink:

A few days ago I started listening to the first video you posted, but got a phone call and then never finished it. I liked the little I heard of it though, I will have to give it another go.

Thought I would bump, since it's just been reviewed by Pitchfork and I know everyone hates Pitchey, but you still read it anyway no?:wink:

Got quite a good review anyway.

Back
Top Bottom