The Who to perform at Super Bowl XLIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRay9911

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Not sure if it made it to the music blogs, but SI broke it today...

The Who to perform at halftime of Super Bowl XLIV: Hot Clicks - SI.com - Extra Mustard

Who wants some breaking news? Who wants to know who is performing at halftime of Super Bowl XLIV on Feb. 7 in Miami? Who wants me to shut up and just get to it already? Well, if you haven't figured it out by now, according to a source, The Who will take the stage during the NFL's championship game. Reached for comment, an NFL spokesperson said, "When we have something to announce, we'll announce it."

-dan

Roger Daltry's nipples :drool:

Roger_Daltrey_1.jpg

Great, this post 2003 parade of dinosaurs at the Super-Bowl is going to rub off on the legacy of U2's 2002 performance.

I love The Who, but I'm a tad skeptical as to how this is going to go over.

They really shouldn't be going by the band name at this point.

I have to agree. I love the Who. They were my first (sorry Bono/Bruce), but Pete and Roger are not the Who. They sound great, and I enjoyed seeing them last time around, but it's not the Who. It's Pete and Roger sounding great.

But...Zak Starkey!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, they do still have the two members who would be most difficult to replaces, the "faces" of the band, if you will.

I want Prince again. That show was great.

That was the best show in years. I was blown away.

And youth are scary. We might show off nipples on national television again.

She was hardly a youth, at that point. :shudder:

They really shouldn't be going by the band name at this point.

plenty of bands have done it before and since, and the two lead singers, prominent songwriter and the lead guitarist are still there.

it'd be a bit silly for every band who's lost a member through whatever circumstance to continue to change the name, if their main creative drivers are still there.

Look I like Peter and Roger (they are not the fucking Who!) but why not get a band like The Killers or even (gasp) Kings Of Leon? Not everyone under 40 is gonna flop their titties about.

Look I like Peter and Roger (they are not the fucking Who!) but why not get a band like The Killers or even (gasp) Kings Of Leon? Not everyone under 40 is gonna flop their titties about.

I'd rather hear Roger sing Won't Get Fooled Again a capella (OK, MAYBE there would be some tambourine backing) than hear Use Somebody. No contest.

it'd be a bit silly for every band who's lost a member through whatever circumstance to continue to change the name, if their main creative drivers are still there.

Yeah, because that's the case I was trying to make. :rolleyes:

I never had a problem with Entwhistle, Daltry, and Townshend going by The Who. But this isn't "lost a member". We're talking about "HALF THE BAND IS DEAD", regardless of whether or not the main songwriter is still alive.

Also, there are many people who would argue that Entwhistle's approach to the bass is as integral to The Who's sound as Daltry's voice, if not more.

Seriously, Entwhistle was always far more vital to their composition for me than Daltry, who never seems to do all that much to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom