The Who to perform at Super Bowl XLIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Entwhistle was one of the few bassists who played much more like a lead guitarist. Just listen to The Real Me.

Entwhistle and Moon is the greatest bass/drum combo ever.

Entwhistle was one of the few bassists who played much more like a lead guitarist. Just listen to The Real Me.

I don't like the Who, but there's not denying how brilliant both of those guys were. Entwhislte/Moon is up there with Bruce/Baker and Perkins/Avery in my book. Bass, like drums, is so often criminally under used as just a time keeping tool. What a waste.

And this the reason why the current Who lineup sounds so hollow and pointless. I always listened to The Who for the rhythm section; those two were the best in the business.

I will say that despite not having Entwhistle on the album, I really liked Endless Wire a lot. But it probably should have been labeled as Townshend/Daltry. And Daltry did a great job on it, BTW.

Yeah, because that's the case I was trying to make. :rolleyes:

I never had a problem with Entwhistle, Daltry, and Townshend going by The Who. But this isn't "lost a member". We're talking about "HALF THE BAND IS DEAD", regardless of whether or not the main songwriter is still alive.

Also, there are many people who would argue that Entwhistle's approach to the bass is as integral to The Who's sound as Daltry's voice, if not more.

i know. i just think that people can overreact with this sort of thing. :shrug:

i agree with pretty much everything that's been said, though. this isn't "the who". entwhistle was incredible in every way, i mean listen to him go on My Wife, even.

mate asked me last night who i'd have in my 'ultimate band'. leaving aside the fact that a prospective member may be deceased, and any conceptions of how they'd get along or what their music would be like, the only person i was able to name was Keith Moon as drummer. he's known for the manic drumming, but if you listen to his songs he does a stellar job.

I hope they perform the CSI song...
STFU

Seriously, Entwhistle was always far more vital to their composition for me than Daltry, who never seems to do all that much to begin with.
I disagree. I agree with Roger who said that no one can sing Pete's songs like he (Roger) can.

I will say that despite not having Entwhistle on the album, I really liked Endless Wire a lot. But it probably should have been labeled as Townshend/Daltry. And Daltry did a great job on it, BTW.

I liked Endless Wire as Pete solo album with Roger handling the vocals.

STFU

I disagree. I agree with Roger who said that no one can sing Pete's songs like he (Roger) can.

I liked Endless Wire as Pete solo album with Roger handling the vocals.

i've got a dvd at home, or something like that, where roger says the who were at their best when he was singing pete's lyrics.

Why the hell are ALL of you spelling it Entwhistle? Something like 6 of you fuckers have spelled it Entwhistle, like it's a piece of equipment that a basketball referee uses to stop play. There ain't no h in that motherfucker's name. Fucking disgraceful shit right here.

Why the hell are ALL of you spelling it Entwhistle? Something like 6 of you fuckers have spelled it Entwhistle, like it's a piece of equipment that a basketball referee uses to stop play. There ain't no h in that motherfucker's name. Fucking disgraceful shit right here.

I think he spells his own name wrong. DEAL WITH THAT!

It actually looked weird when I typed it, and was considering correcting it, but everybody else seemed to be doing it too.

At least I didn't leave the "h" out of Pete Townshend.

I was there the first time Eddie ever did his Blue, Red, and Grey cover. That's a great little song.

And I think it might have been brought up in the football thread, but I wonder how they're going to deal with the time constraints at the Super Bowl. They only get about 15 minutes, right? You'd think they'd absolutely have to play both Baba and Won't Get Fooled Again. Well those two songs together add up to about the full 15 right there. They'll just have to play some neutered versions of the songs, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom