The Who to perform at Super Bowl XLIV - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:25 PM
guess i'm kind of glad i slept through the entire superbowl.

i wouldn't say it's because of the cheese factor, but i've always been a little embarrased to watch any band i enjoy during a halftime show with non-fans because that's when i start paying attention to the tv more than i had been all game. i like football. i like music more, even if i am getting a small smattering of possibly abridged greatest hits and a weak-ass new single. the stones, springsteen, u2...trying to remember who else, i know i missed the paul mccartney one. you're all right (note how i did not say you kids are alright, i was trying not to be excessively lame. even if i do love the pun)--there's a lot to be said for remembering it's not geared toward music fans. no one i've ever watched the superbowl with has paid any more attention to the tunes in the halftime show than they would if they heard "baba oriley" or "born to run" on the radio while we were driving in the car. me, i get cranky when what i feel to be an essential, epic instrumental part or an entire verse gets cut out in the interest of appealing to the masses. i think when u2 played it i was still in my phase of doing whatever was necessary (hijacking the communal tv in my dorm or something similar) in order to see it. moving on from that, the spectacle is nice for about 24 seconds, then it's just old hat, because i start nitpicking and griping about how this should have sounded better, that shouldn't have been altered, they should have played such and such instead, the songs would have been better if they'd played x before z and then y last...to a bunch of friends who just view it as a chance to get another beer, go outside for a smoke, or discuss the first half of the game/entertaining commercials shown thusfar.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Maybe it will be Taylor Swift next year. She would have to practice her live singing.

They showed the Super Bowl again last night on NFL Network, don't know if they showed The Who again

Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #138
I hate this place

Local Time: 08:25 PM
they showed the halftime and the saints won
Old 02-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRay9911 View Post
they showed the halftime and the saints won
Did Peyton Manning make a critical mistake at a critical juncture in the game?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Did Peyton Manning make a critical mistake at a critical juncture in the game?
wouldn't that be freaky if the same things happened during the replay?