The WHO thread. Get on it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Can we do this??

Welcome all, this is a band I'm getting into of late that doesn't get talked about a whole great deal round these parts.

So I'm taking the initiative.

I have Who's Next, which I think is terrific from start to finish, and just recently bought The Who Sell Out, which I'm yet to fully listen to yet.

I hear Quadrophenia (how do you pronounce that by the way?) is quite good, that Tommy is worth it, because, well, it's Tommy, and that My Generation can't be skipped either.

Discuss favourite songs, albums, Lifehouse, it's all good.

Just keep this going.

B000002OX7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I never get tired of hearing Won't Get Fooled Again and Love Reign O'er Me.

I think they are two of The Who's best songs and also two of the best songs ever written. I just picked up Quadrophenia but still have to listen to it. Who's Next is a classic. Magic Bus is another great song.

All together, they're an amazing band that I wish I would have gotten into before their recent tours.

God, the f***cking WHO !!, great songs , awesome band...
They're in my top five

My favorite albums:

Tommy
Who's Next
Quadrophenia
Live at Leeds
Ultimate Collection (for the singles not contained in albums)

And to anybody starting to love this band , never miss the best Who DVD, Kids are Alright.

Of the albums I have...

1. Live At Leeds (10/10)
2. The Who Sell Out (9/10)
3. Who's Next (9/10)
4. Quadrophenia (8.5/10)
5. A Quick One While He's Away (8/10)
6. The Who Sings My Generation (7.5/10)
7. Tommy (6.5/10)
8. Endless Wire (6.5/10)

The Who is a pretty good studio band, but one of the best live bands ever. Seriously, compare some of the tracks on Tommy to their live incarnations on the deluxe version of Live At Leeds. It's ridiculous.

No self-respecting Who fan should be without The Who Sell Out. It's completely underrated and awesome.

The version of A Quick One, While He's Away from Leeds absolutely floors me every time I hear it. Everything I love about that band is represented within that song - their exuberance, playfulness, experimentation, and fucking badassery.

Keith Moon played the drums with a fish tank inside, guys.

I is now playing The Who Sell Out. Such a cool record. It falls apart a bit after I Can't Reach You, but it's all good.

Tattoo--->Our Love Was--->I Can See For Miles :drool:

The Who just fucking rock.:rockon: They're definitely in my top bands. They've written some of the biggest rock classics of all time, and they're still going strong. I agree on "Endless Wire". It definitely doesn't get its due.:love:

I would love to hear the discarded material for Endless Wire. I remember Townshend posting a few really strong acoustic numbers on his website a few years back (Endless Wire gestated for quite some time) that never appeared on the album in any recognizable form.

Wont get fooled again
My generation
Behind Blue Eyes
Baba O Riley
Substitue
Who are you

:love::rockon:

I've a 2-disc greatest hits by The Who which is fantastic. I'm planning on going through their full albums soon.

I never get tired of hearing Won't Get Fooled Again and Love Reign O'er Me.

I think they are two of The Who's best songs and also two of the best songs ever written. I just picked up Quadrophenia but still have to listen to it. Who's Next is a classic. Magic Bus is another great song.

All together, they're an amazing band that I wish I would have gotten into before their recent tours.

Yeah, I love Who's Next, very very strong throughout. Baba O'Riley, man that's one of the best songs I've ever heard.

God, the f***cking WHO !!, great songs , awesome band...
They're in my top five

My favorite albums:

Tommy
Who's Next
Quadrophenia
Live at Leeds
Ultimate Collection (for the singles not contained in albums)

And to anybody starting to love this band , never miss the best Who DVD, Kids are Alright.

What era's the DVD from?

Of the albums I have...

1. Live At Leeds (10/10)
2. The Who Sell Out (9/10)
3. Who's Next (9/10)
4. Quadrophenia (8.5/10)
5. A Quick One While He's Away (8/10)
6. The Who Sings My Generation (7.5/10)
7. Tommy (6.5/10)
8. Endless Wire (6.5/10)

The Who is a pretty good studio band, but one of the best live bands ever. Seriously, compare some of the tracks on Tommy to their live incarnations on the deluxe version of Live At Leeds. It's ridiculous.

No self-respecting Who fan should be without The Who Sell Out. It's completely underrated and awesome.

I haven't heard any live Who, but from all I've heard it's quite good.

I is now playing The Who Sell Out. Such a cool record. It falls apart a bit after I Can't Reach You, but it's all good.

Tattoo--->Our Love Was--->I Can See For Miles :drool:

This is the one I just got... the 'ads' are annyoing as hell though. Armenia City in the Sky is catchy as hell...

The Kids Are Alright is the shit.

It was made back in the late 70s, early 80s I think and covers the band from the beginning up to that time.

Go buy it right now. :up:

In fact, I just had the soundtrack in my car cd changer and that version of Won't get Fooled Again fucking cranks. :rockon:

A great look into the Who. I watched the Smothers Brothers Show religiously when it was on (loved Pat Paulsen), so must've seen the episode with The Who (don't remember though). But the chaos of their performance and the look on Tommy & Dick's faces are worth checking this dvd out alone. Keith Moon ftmfw!

Long live rock :rockon:

great band, obviously. Classic stuff.

I find I prefer their earlier work...the more poppy Beatles-biting stuff from the 60's. I still love the bombast of Who's Next and Quadrophenia, don't get me wrong.

But songs like:

The Seeker
A Legal Matter
I'm A Boy
Pictures of Lily
Substitute
I Can't Explain
The Kids Are Alright, etc.

...You can't beat it. Pretty much the entirety of the compilation Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy is just ridiculously fun, awesome stuff.

Well The Kids Are Alright is now on my list, along with Live at Leeds (original or reissue??), Quadrophenia and My Generation.

From TWSO, I'm enjoying Armenia City in the Sky, I Can See For Miles, Our Love Was, I Can't Reach You.

The Kids Are Alright is the shit.

It was made back in the late 70s, early 80s I think and covers the band from the beginning up to that time.

Go buy it right now. :up:

In fact, I just had the soundtrack in my car cd changer and that version of Won't get Fooled Again fucking cranks. :rockon:

Just noticed that The Kids Are Alright will be on TCM (Turner Classic Movie channel) Friday night 11:00 PM.

If you like the Who and haven't seen this, it's well worth it! And if you have seen it, see it again.

:D

Back
Top Bottom