The WHO thread. Get on it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I've listened to all of Quadrophenia, a few things to say about it.

1. The story's not all that easy to follow, is it? Is it just your typical sort of teenage angst story?
2. The repition reeeeally annoys me. I mean like the fact that parts of songs are reused in others. The "jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked" line is used in two songs, the "is it me?" line. Love Reign O'er Me's strings are used about five times. A song like The Rock, which should be good, is basically a six-and-a-half minute mishmash of about four or five songs on the album.
3. It's very good, no denying that, though there wasn't one song that really jumped out at me. Love Reign O'er Me probably comes closest, but it's nullified by the fact that by the time you get to it, you've already heard the crux of it on about four occasions.
4. Favourite songs are Punk and the Godfather, Love Reign O'er Me, Helpless Dancer, The Real Me.

What do you all think of it?

Very good song that one, I love it, especially the little Pure and Easy snippet there at the end.

One of my favourites that I believe is very underrated is Getting in Tune.

Oh yes. Getting In Tune is fantastic. :drool:

That entire album is really. Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again and Behind Blue Eyes (have you heard Limp Bizkit's atrocious cover?) are all classics, and then you've got Getting in Tune, which goes from balladry to rockin, The Song is Over, the rough but awesome My Wife...

Actually, I agree with that fully. I love it.

Yeah, it's awesome. If it wasn't on an album that was so jam-packed with more notable hits, I'm sure it would get more mention. I still hear it on classic rock radio stations though, so it's not that obscure or anything.

^ for what?

I LURVE 5:15 now. It's got great verses, begins with a bit of balladry (sp?) and then in comes this Bowie-style manic piano, and then it's got the "out of brain on the fiiiiiiiiiiiive fifteen!!" :rockon:

5:15 kicks ass, but Bell Boy is my favorite track off of Quadrophenia.

Bell Booooooooy-ey, I gotta get running now!

Quadrophenia :drool:

This album deserves a listen on very good speakers!

Can you see the real me me me me me me....

Back
Top Bottom