The WHO! 50th (approx lol) Year Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got an email today that our Oct. 21st Toronto show is delayed till early December. The Oct 19th show is still on, though. Roger has been told by doctors to space out shows to protect his voice. I didn't realize till a few months ago that he has had surgery to have pre-cancerous growths removed from his vocal cords. :( The past few tours I've seen them, he might have missed the odd high note or two, but overall, I was impressed. Those vocal cords have a lot of mileage on them. Hope he can hold out for the rest of the dates. Now I'm super tempted to grab tickets for Oct. 19th, too.

i think i heard or read
(?)about that .. but not sure... Roge :hug:

I'd say VP- IF you could swing the $ get Oct 19 tix! you could sell the postponed show tix if you wanted to after seeing the 10/19 show.
wow i thought they were going to be in Toronto in ? late June? :scratch: where did i get that idea ... :lol:

a :hug: your way too. :)

:applaud: :hug: thanks VP

Yeah.. really!!!
I was SO impressed at how he sounded!

I had to go about 10 subway stations deeper into Queens from were I had been and about half way from sorth to south by bus to the stadium.
Then I walked another 5 blocks to get near it. As I got off the bus with in a minute crossing the street and heading on I started to hear them! It was not so clear at first but interestingly as I passed a series of U-Shaped Apt complexes when ever I passed the "well" Entrance of each of these the sound spilled down into ti and became clear.
The closer i got it got clearer in general. :hyper:

WHat the fabulous surprise was there was a little Vest Packet park in front of one the buildings and was able to sit for the 2nd-half of the show!

SO got to hear...

As I approached- Bargain, then in the little park YBYBYB, Join Together, Eminence Front, Amazing Journey/Spaarks, Love O'er Me, Baba O'Riely, WGFA.

Roger was great and amazing on Love Reign O'er Me. Most of theae songs I was hoping to hear - so Wow!!! The band sounded great!

I'm REALLY Glad I went after all!

Back
Top Bottom