The Who 2012 Quadrophenia Tour- "Bell Boy! I got to get running now... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:46 PM
The Who going on tour with Quadrophenia? It's been a while since I last listened to the album. Hope they decide to tour somewhere else outside of North America. And that's really cool that they're honoring tickets for that cancelled show in Rhode Island from 1979. First time I've seen a band do that. That's great. Hope they also perform some other classics.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
She's the One

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Even with Kenney Jones drumming, it was still pretty epic. And LOUD. With those prices, I'm totally freaking going.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
45:33

Local Time: 04:46 AM
God I hate America do much sometimes.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #19
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04
God I hate America do much sometimes.
Come on over. I have an extra bed!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Soooo....

http://www.tdgarden.com/files/map_endstage.pdf

Seeing as I've only been up around the 306,305s and behind the stage, I'm thinking I'm right in looking forward to 1. Hewson can probably thrash my happiness with "well, actually, in my vastly greater number of concert experiences, such and such sections are far better". I do feel a little ridiculous spending that much money on concert tickets, mainly for the 50 bucks for the fan club sub, because i swore after u2 suckered me on that type of thing and all i had to show for it were those crappy balconly seats at 95 bucks a pop id never do that sort of thing again. But I can't fucking wait. And I'll pick up two overtime shifts at some point to make back what I spent.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
She's the One

It's amusing and gratifying seeing you so excited about something, IWB.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Wait, I'm not supposed to laugh, am I?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #23
She's the One

Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

There've been several intermittent periods or phases I've gone through where I'd easily count the who as one of my favorite bands, at least in the top ten anyway. Had my dad not totally sabatoged me on "won't get fooled again," and "I can see for miles" I might not have written them off as that shitty band that did squeezebox, was erroneously under the impression they sang "time is on my side" which i also didnt like, i could have known they had great songs prior to the age of 13. But I didn't hear and put together pinball wizard with the who and check tommy (on vinyl) out of the library repeatedly til then. One of the first non-Beatles bands I actually liked (this would also be around when i discovered Simon and garfunkel had some kickass tunes, and that motown was the shiznit, and before I went off on that rather sketchy foray into mainstream 90s radio rock music...for the most part, that was a mistake, but somehow I ended up at the multitude of sub-genres of punk rock to get away from all the staind and slipknot and papa roach crap before I ever mistakenly thought that was a good idea). My douchebag father told me that time is on my side was the who and I can see for miles was the stones, most most likely to stir up shit between me and my mom (she hates the stones, likes the who). I can also pretty specifically remember being 9 or 10 and hearing "won't get fooled again" on the radio, and thinking it was a pretty crazy long and epic-ly awesome song, while riding in the car. In those days i rarely considered anything that wasnt the beatles to be worth hearing, but that song kicked ass. So I asked who was it, and my dad said it wasn't important because it wasn't a good song and changed the station, and I don't think I found out who it was til a good five or six years later, and I remember being like ha! This is that fucking song! But i never asked my dad who sang a song i liked on the radio again after that. If google had existed when I was ten I could have just looked up what the tip my hat to the new generation song was, and called it a day, but alas...I have no idea how I even remembered it years later because I've heard songs I liked and tried to remember a line from the chorus to google latter nowadays, and I've forgotten it by the time I get home.

There's some post-Keith who I've never heard, ive heard most of the albums. But I've probably never been as huge a fan as I seem to think I have been. sadly for some reason I only own a best of, who's next, tommy, and because when I've been on major who kicks until right now it's always been when I've been broke as hell. I was going to fix this a couple weeks ago (I posted something in random music about how I was going to go buy everything I didn't have or something like that), but having to go digital tends to bum me out, and I never got around to it.

I suppose this is treading more along the lines of the long-winded sentimental thread, yeah, I'm done.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:46 AM
If I'd had to rely on my parents to tell me who that band on the radio was, I would have thought the Monkees were the Beatles. Good thing I had an older sister.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
She's the One

The Who were my favorite band before I Will Follow hit the radio. Then they were second.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl
If I'd had to rely on my parents to tell me who that band on the radio was, I would have thought the Monkees were the Beatles. Good thing I had an older sister.
The fucked up part was that he knew, and he did said stuff like that just to be an asshole. Now, my mom usually has no clue. My mom is the kind of person who knows the words to everything on darkness on the edge of town unless she hears Adam raised a Cain out of album context, and then it's all "wait a minute, I think I know this song, this is Springsteen, right?".
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Soooo....

http://www.tdgarden.com/files/map_endstage.pdf

Seeing as I've only been up around the 306,305s and behind the stage, I'm thinking I'm right in looking forward to 1. Hewson can probably thrash my happiness with "well, actually, in my vastly greater number of concert experiences, such and such sections are far better". I do feel a little ridiculous spending that much money on concert tickets, mainly for the 50 bucks for the fan club sub, because i swore after u2 suckered me on that type of thing and all i had to show for it were those crappy balconly seats at 95 bucks a pop id never do that sort of thing again. But I can't fucking wait. And I'll pick up two overtime shifts at some point to make back what I spent.
A. I'd never thrash your optimism, especially over a Who show.
2. If I interpret correctly, you're saying you have a seat in Loge 1...and if so, its quite a good seat and you'll enjoy the show.
Thirdly. Just look at the 50 bucks as an investment, like an extra service charge for a darn good seat, thats how I view my 10club membership cost and it has always been well worth the investment.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
The Who were my favorite band before I Will Follow hit the radio. Then they were second.
Substitute the words "Out of Control" for "I Will Follow" and you have the title of chapter 5 of my yet unwritten autobiography.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson
A. I'd never thrash your optimism, especially over a Who show.
2. If I interpret correctly, you're saying you have a seat in Loge 1...and if so, its quite a good seat and you'll enjoy the show.
Thirdly. Just look at the 50 bucks as an investment, like an extra service charge for a darn good seat, thats how I view my 10club membership cost and it has always been well worth the investment.
A. That was mostly my just Hewson concert envy talking. now, if I had that time machine...
2. Yup. I mean, it looks damn good on paper, but things like seats have looked better on paper than real life (although I know here there are no structure beams to contend with) before.
3. Youre right, and since this time it actually worked, I don't know why I feel so foolish. I subscribed to the u2 thing on the atomic bomb tour and failed miserably at obtaining some half decent seats, didn't feel silly about the fan club part, just pissed about sucky seats for what was then the most money I'd spent on concert tickets (and then afterwards, how much of a disappointment that show was. I should have gone last tour when the setlist wasn't 50% bomb 50% overplayed hits, but I digress).