The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
:hyper:

They're baaaaack! The White Stripes announced on their website late last night that their sixth album, which bears the excellently bizarre title of Icky Thump, will be released "as soon as corporately possible."

It was recorded at Blackbird Studio in Nashville, Tennessee, and includes the songs "Catch Hell Blues", "Little Cream Soda", "Rag and Bone", "You Don't Know What Love Is (Just Do As You're Told)", "I'm Slowly Turning Into You", and "Icky Thump".

As previously reported, the new album will be delivered via the Stripes' new home, Warner Bros. They will support it with appearances at Bonnaroo as well as Germany's Rock am Ring and Rock im Park festivals in June.

2007 is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Icky Thump??? :der: :lol:

Man...so many awesome people puttin' out discs this year...:drool:...I need more $$$.

Someone elsewhere posted this. He said it's an excerpt from an article in Mojo:

The album will be called Icky Thump, a title drawn from a Lancastrian colloquialism beloved of White's Mancunian wife Karen Elson ("I changed it to "Icky" because that's how it sounds when I say it, and I love the weird imagery it suggests," he explains). White describes the album as "really heavy. There's a couple of one-take numbers in there, people who love our first album will dig those songs. But there's also some of the most complicated stuff we've ever done. Of course, complicated for the White Stripes means three instruments playing at once.

I pray to God it's better than Get Behind Me Satan. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still like that album, but it's definitely their weakest to date. I hope they try something fresh this time around though, because their standard formula has started to get a little stale since the amazing Elephant. I think on GBMS, they didn't shake things up enough so it came off a little stale.

But either way, that's a crazy album title, and I can't fucking wait to get my hands on this! :combust:

I need to get to Bonnaroo. :shifty:

I don't really get the GBMS hate. It wasn't freaking brilliant like Elephant, but it was far more interesting and original for the band. It really shocked me the first time I heard it. My reaction to hearing the Nurse for the first time was akin to "WTF is this? :huh: ". The album has grown on me a bit since...Red Rain owns, Blue Orchid and My Doorbell don't make me angry anymore, and Forever For Her is genius. If Icky Thump is at least that good I'll be pleased.

LemonMelon said:
I don't really get the GBMS hate. It wasn't freaking brilliant like Elephant, but it was far more interesting and original for the band. It really shocked me the first time I heard it. My reaction to hearing the Nurse for the first time was akin to "WTF is this? :huh: ". The album has grown on me a bit since...Red Rain owns, Blue Orchid and My Doorbell don't make me angry anymore, and Forever For Her is genius. If Icky Thump is at least that good I'll be pleased.

:yes: :love:

"Icky Thump" = Not-so-dry-hump? :hmm:

Looking forward to this one. May be more of a bittorrent download for me than a purchase...

Maybe I'll try and read this after I eat, it will give me time to heimlich myself.

My White Stripes kick came at the right time.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom