The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a good thing Icky Thump was so good, because I reckon the Conquest EP blows.

:bump:

I know this was mentioned somewhere, but tonight is the night the White Stripes close Conan's run on Late Night.

Maybe something new? Maybe a hint that Meg is over her fears? :pray:

Stripes > Raconteurs (cuz Brendan Benson sucks!)

Raconteurs live the first time was way louder and way more rocking the fuck out than White Stripes live.

Just sayin'. :D

I'll agree with you there, Martha. The first Raconteurs show at the little Fonda theater was something. Unfortunately, each subsequent show has left me disappointed.

With the Stripes, you never knew what you were gonna get one moment to the next and that unpredictability of Jack was the beauty of the band. On top of the fact, I prefer the Stripes songs overall.

Anyways, they're on conan tonight! :hyper:

:wink:

Going back and reading this is pretty cool. I would have been all over this thread had I been posting at the time. I fucking loved this album when it first came out. It was the soundtrack of my life for a good month back in the '07.

A Martyr For My Love For You :drool:

How do you add the accent?

I wish I could say I'm too lazy to do that. But I don't know how to either :)

As a quick add to the Raconteurs, I would like to see Jack w/ Patrick & the bass player. Patrick Keeler is a powerhouse and the two of them could follow Jack's lead pretty easily :rockon:

Don't forget Conan tonight :lol:

Wow, that was record-breaking amounts of lame. It's not that I mind the song choice, it's actually rather appropriate in a way, but the performance was poor. The only good part was the last verse.

Wow, that was record-breaking amounts of lame. It's not that I mind the song choice, it's actually rather appropriate in a way, but the performance was poor.

You're being kind. I watched it on DVR and was stunned at how bad it was, rewatched it just to make sure I was not imagining things. Just wow.

Fuck you both. You don't even like the band in the first place, NSW, so how are you going to be objective? The White Stripes possess your souls. That performance kicked ass.

Objective or not, I know a shitty performance when I hear it. Delude yourself all you like, dude.

I just watched it and, besides for couple strange vocal lines from Jack, liked it.

Performances are subjective, so no delusion is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom