The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #121
Refugee

Local Time: 11:57 AM
Fuck me for taking a summer job in the woods. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:57 AM
The Canadian tour? Very cool.

But I want to see them come home to Detroit.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #123
ONE
love, blood, life

I got ticketssssss.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:45 AM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:27 AM
^ I'm officially envious

I've been so caught up in some family medical issues lately that I completely missed Thursday's ticket sale. I wonder if the show has sold-out yet? I'd die to go. Maybe they'll add a second date, like Pearl Jam did for St. John's :Pray:
Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 AM   #125
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:57 AM
Congrats GG
Old 05-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #126
The Male

Local Time: 03:57 AM
I am so excited for this new album...especially after listening to De Stijl last night.

But I do promise that, with all of interference as my witness, that I will resist the leaks that are almost guaranteed to come of the woodwork within weeks. I'll just have the new single to tide me over.

June 18th can't come soon enough.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:57 AM
Yeah, congrats, Stephanie. You're going to have an awesome time.

Seeing them in the front row in 2003 was one of the top 5 shows I've ever been to. I can't wait to see them again this year at ACL and hopefully elsewhere.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #128
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Yeah, congrats, Stephanie. You're going to have an awesome time.

Seeing them in the front row in 2003 was one of the top 5 shows I've ever been to. I can't wait to see them again this year at ACL and hopefully elsewhere.
Maybe Jack will sing some songs from Franklin Comes Alive
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

That Whitehorse show? Word was people lined up Thursday lunchtime for the ticket sale on Friday. About 200 people at two different locations when tickets went on sale. Maximum 8 tickets per person for a venue which only holds a little over 400 people. So the tickets sold out in 12 minutes, the old-fashioned way, not TM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Trev, it's a pity you won't be back in St. John's when they play here. The show doesn't seem to be selling very well. Tickets went on sale Thursday, and I just pulled up two tickets in section 107...that's three sections from the stage. Maybe that's why we hardly ever get anyone here...Mile One have to start doing a better job of advertising the artists who do bother to make the trip here.

Sorry to hear about the family medical issues, AOD. Even though you missed the ticket sale, you should manage to get good tickets with no problems over the next few days, just go here: http://www.admission.com/html/evinfo...=70587&l=EN&C=
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #131
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:57 PM
This song... hated it on first listen! Don't mind it on second. Maybe I'll like it more on third.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
[B]Trev, it's a pity you won't be back in St. John's when they play here. The show doesn't seem to be selling very well. Tickets went on sale Thursday, and I just pulled up two tickets in section 107...that's three sections from the stage. Maybe that's why we hardly ever get anyone here...Mile One have to start doing a better job of advertising the artists who do bother to make the trip here.
Well, count me in for concerts once I get back.

But yup, it seems that unless the act is mainstream popular, St. John's is not very friendly to musicians. I remember I was home a few years ago and saw Sam Roberts at the George St. Festival and he was freaking amazing yet he had to cancel his tour of the province due to low sales. Morons!! He is one of the best live acts in rock n roll!! And Sam and his people tell other people and the next thing you know, St. John's is only getting Canadian Idol tours, yippee!!

They oughta tear down those softball fields (are they still there btw?) by Quidi Vidi lake and bring back the mega concerts of the early nineties where 50,000 people would show up for a concert. The ball diamonds were only built so St. John's could host the Women's World Fast pitch softball championship. I saw a couple of games, really exciting to see a 1-0 victory. Don't get me wrong, those women were great athletes but we lost our main venue for drawing the big artists of the world and make it worth their while.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Sorry to hear about the family medical issues, AOD. Even though you missed the ticket sale, you should manage to get good tickets with no problems over the next few days, just go here: http://www.admission.com/html/evinfo...=70587&l=EN&C=
Thanks, GG

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy tickets tomorrow. My girlfriend doesn't want to go, so I'm trying to recruit my cousin. Trev, too bad you won't be here...we could have three of the greatest Interferencers under one roof

Like Trev says, Newfoundlanders are a weird bunch when it comes to buying tickets...we're also notoriously last minute, which must be so scary to both the promoters and the act. I have no doubt this show will sell-out, eventually. It's funny, though. The first Pearl Jam show in 2005 sold-out in minutes, with a second soon added. I'm guessing that same level of fanaticism isn't quite there for the White Stripes. But the way I see it: they're world-class, and we don't get that very often. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I'm more than willing to get in there and let them convince me of their greatness.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So what you're all saying is that since I only live about an hour from the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach SC & the Stripes are scheduled to play there July 29, I must be a walking brain donor to not have tried for tickets before the show was sold out? Is this what you're saying?

Well, there's always the back up plan of trying to win tix from the local rock station.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:12 AM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:57 PM
Really can't wait till its June!!

Icky Thump comes out the same Day as Andrea Corr's solo album, I think I know What i'll be putting on extreme repeat that day!

Tags
icky thump, jack white, meg white, the white stripes, white stripes