The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:
Alright, I read on atease it's up on Demonoid, but I've been unable to even access that site right now.

I've got a send space link to the 320 kbps rip and a save file project for a 128 kbps rip I made for the girl I'm seeing. If anyone wants either of those, ask.

me, please! PM me!

I can't PM because I'm a cheap bastard who thinks he shouldn't have to pay to send PMs and search the forum. Email addys are the way to go.

I'll send both links to the first five people who ask.

The OOTS said:
Me buy anyway...just listen 2 weeks early.

Why bother buying it then for anything besides packaging and to soothe your conscience?

I intend to make this $12 purchase count. :wink:

I'm still buying this bad boy like I bought Neon Bible, guys. Don't worry. :happy:

The OOTS said:
Waiting is overrated. :wink:

:sigh: I used to think that. After a while, after ruining the experience early multiple times (Shins - "Wincing The Night Away", Arcade Fire - "Neon Bible", Beck - "The Information"), buying the album just became a chore. :shrug:

June 19 is going to be awesome now. :drool:

I just found out that the Stripes' ACL slot is going to be on Saturday. They also are having a show in Austin Sunday night at Stubb's, which is one of my favorite venues and probably one of the smaller places you could ever hope to see them.

Thing is, Bob Dylan is closing the festival that Sunday night. If I wanted to hit up that once in a lifetime Stripes aftershow, I'd miss Dylan. Decisions, decisions...

inmyplace13 said:
I just found out that the Stripes' ACL slot is going to be on Saturday. They also are having a show in Austin Sunday night at Stubb's, which is one of my favorite venues and probably one of the smaller places you could ever hope to see them.

Thing is, Bob Dylan is closing the festival that Sunday night. If I wanted to hit up that once in a lifetime Stripes aftershow, I'd miss Dylan. Decisions, decisions...

Skip Mumbles, go see the Stripes :wink:

the-white-stripes.jpg

inmyplace13 said:

This all still speculation. They are still scheduled to be playing the 15 and 16th, and Stubb's hasn't confirmed anything...

The second half of this album is so good. Everything from Little Cream Soda on is wonderful.

The first half's best track is 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues, which is one of my favorite Stripes songs ever. The title track is really great too. The other songs are just okay at best. I don't like Prickly Thorn/St. Andrew at all. They're this album's Little Ghost.

But tracks 8-13 are glorious.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This all still speculation. They are still scheduled to be playing the 15 and 16th, and Stubb's hasn't confirmed anything...

I'm going by what I saw on P4K. We'll see for sure in the coming days. I'm going to try to get tickets regardless and make my decision about skipping Dylan later on down the road.

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:
The second half of this album is so good. Everything from Little Cream Soda on is wonderful.

The first half's best track is 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues, which is one of my favorite Stripes songs ever. The title track is really great too. The other songs are just okay at best. I don't like Prickly Thorn/St. Andrew at all. They're this album's Little Ghost.

But tracks 8-13 are glorious.

This is making it hard for me to resist downloading. :(

Back
Top Bottom