The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got ticketssssss.

whitestripestixpf8.jpg

^ I'm officially envious :drool:

I've been so caught up in some family medical issues lately that I completely missed Thursday's ticket sale. I wonder if the show has sold-out yet? I'd die to go. Maybe they'll add a second date, like Pearl Jam did for St. John's :pray:

I am so excited for this new album...especially after listening to De Stijl last night.

But I do promise that, with all of interference as my witness, that I will resist the leaks that are almost guaranteed to come of the woodwork within weeks. I'll just have the new single to tide me over. :slant:

June 18th can't come soon enough. :sad:

Yeah, congrats, Stephanie. You're going to have an awesome time.

Seeing them in the front row in 2003 was one of the top 5 shows I've ever been to. I can't wait to see them again this year at ACL and hopefully elsewhere.

inmyplace13 said:
Yeah, congrats, Stephanie. You're going to have an awesome time.

Seeing them in the front row in 2003 was one of the top 5 shows I've ever been to. I can't wait to see them again this year at ACL and hopefully elsewhere.

Maybe Jack will sing some songs from Franklin Comes Alive

That Whitehorse show? Word was people lined up Thursday lunchtime for the ticket sale on Friday. About 200 people at two different locations when tickets went on sale. Maximum 8 tickets per person :huh: for a venue which only holds a little over 400 people. So the tickets sold out in 12 minutes, the old-fashioned way, not TM.

Trev, it's a pity you won't be back in St. John's when they play here. The show doesn't seem to be selling very well. Tickets went on sale Thursday, and I just pulled up two tickets in section 107...that's three sections from the stage. :huh: Maybe that's why we hardly ever get anyone here...Mile One have to start doing a better job of advertising the artists who do bother to make the trip here.

Sorry to hear about the family medical issues, AOD. Even though you missed the ticket sale, you should manage to get good tickets with no problems over the next few days, just go here: http://www.admission.com/html/evinfo.htmI?CNTX=70587&l=EN&C=

GibsonGirl said:
Trev, it's a pity you won't be back in St. John's when they play here. The show doesn't seem to be selling very well. Tickets went on sale Thursday, and I just pulled up two tickets in section 107...that's three sections from the stage. :huh: Maybe that's why we hardly ever get anyone here...Mile One have to start doing a better job of advertising the artists who do bother to make the trip here.

Well, count me in for concerts once I get back.

But yup, it seems that unless the act is mainstream popular, St. John's is not very friendly to musicians. I remember I was home a few years ago and saw Sam Roberts at the George St. Festival and he was freaking amazing yet he had to cancel his tour of the province due to low sales. Morons!! He is one of the best live acts in rock n roll!! And Sam and his people tell other people and the next thing you know, St. John's is only getting Canadian Idol tours, yippee!!:barf:

They oughta tear down those softball fields (are they still there btw?) by Quidi Vidi lake and bring back the mega concerts of the early nineties where 50,000 people would show up for a concert. The ball diamonds were only built so St. John's could host the Women's World Fast pitch softball championship. I saw a couple of games, really exciting to see a 1-0 victory. Don't get me wrong, those women were great athletes but we lost our main venue for drawing the big artists of the world and make it worth their while.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:
Sorry to hear about the family medical issues, AOD. Even though you missed the ticket sale, you should manage to get good tickets with no problems over the next few days, just go here: http://www.admission.com/html/evinfo.htmI?CNTX=70587&l=EN&C=

Thanks, GG :up:

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy tickets tomorrow. My girlfriend doesn't want to go, so I'm trying to recruit my cousin. Trev, too bad you won't be here...we could have three of the greatest Interferencers under one roof :wink:

Like Trev says, Newfoundlanders are a weird bunch when it comes to buying tickets...we're also notoriously last minute, which must be so scary to both the promoters and the act. I have no doubt this show will sell-out, eventually. It's funny, though. The first Pearl Jam show in 2005 sold-out in minutes, with a second soon added. I'm guessing that same level of fanaticism isn't quite there for the White Stripes. But the way I see it: they're world-class, and we don't get that very often. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I'm more than willing to get in there and let them convince me of their greatness.

So what you're all saying is that since I only live about an hour from the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach SC & the Stripes are scheduled to play there July 29, I must be a walking brain donor to not have tried for tickets before the show was sold out? Is this what you're saying? :hmm:

:banghead: Well, there's always the back up plan of trying to win tix from the local rock station. :banghead:

Really can't wait till its June!!

Icky Thump comes out the same Day as Andrea Corr's solo album, I think I know What i'll be putting on extreme repeat that day!

I can go see them in Ottawa now, I think. I will know for sure after May 18, closing date on house sale. Yahoo!!!!!!!

I'm in, I'm in!! :hyper:

Section 121...close to GG, but maybe farther back...row 17. Still, pretty close to the stage. I'm officially excited now! Should be an amazing show :drool:

Icky tour:

05-31 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Sound Festival
06-01 Nuerburgring, Germany - Rock Am Ring Festival
06-02 Nurnberg, Germany - Rock Im Park Festival
06-04 Vienna, Austria - Gasometer
06-06 Rome, Italy - Tenda Strisce
06-07 Milan, Italy - Idroscalo
06-09 Lisbon, Portugal - Alive Festival
06-11 Paris, France - Zenith
06-14 London, England - Hyde Park (O2 Wireless Festival)
06-15 Leeds, England - Harewood House (O2 Wireless Festival)
06-17 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
06-24 Burnaby, British Columbia - Deer Lake Park
06-25 Whitehorse, Yukon - Yukon Arts Centre
06-26 Yellowknife, Northwest Territories - Shorty Brown Multiplex Arena
06-27 Iqaluit, Nunavut - Arctic Winter Games Arena
06-29 Calgary, Alberta - Pengrowth Saddledome
06-30 Edmonton, Alberta - Shaw Convention Center
07-01 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - TCU Place
07-02 Winnipeg, Manitoba - MTS Centre
07-03 Thunder Bay, Ontario - Community Auditorium
07-05 Toronto, Ontario - Molson Amphitheatre
07-06 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
07-07 London, Ontario - John Labatt Centre
07-08 Ottawa, Ontario - LeBreton Flats Park (Ottawa Bluesfest)
07-10 Moncton, New Brunswick - Moncton Coliseum Arena
07-11 Charlottetown, Price Edward Island - Charlottetown Civic Centre
07-13 Halifax, Nova Scotia - Cunard Centre
07-14 Glace Bay, Nova Scotia - Savoy Theatre
07-16 St. John's, Newfoundland - Mile One Center
07-22 Portland, ME - Cumberland Civic Center
07-23 Boston, MA - Agganis Arena
07-24 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
07-25 Wallingford, CT - Chevrolet Theater
07-27 Wilmington, DE - Grand Opera House
07-28 Fairfax, VA - Patriot Center
07-29 North Myrtle Beach, SC - House of Blues
07-30 Birmingham, AL - Sloss Furnaces
07-31 Southaven, MS - Snowden Grove Park Amphitheater
09-04 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
09-05 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
09-06 Lincoln, NE - Pershing Center Auditorium
09-07 Fargo, ND - Fargo Civic Auditorium
09-08 Rapid City, SD - Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
09-10 Jackson Hole, WY - Snow King Center
09-11 Boise, ID - Idaho Center Theatre
09-12 Salt Lake City, UT - The "E" Center
09-13 Albuquerque, NM - Kiva Auditorium
09-15-16 Austin, TX - Zilker Park (Austin City Limits Festival)
09-19 Inglewood, CA - The Forum
09-21 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
09-24 Anchorage, AK - William A. Egan Civic Center
09-26 Seattle, WA - Paramount Ballroom
09-27 Seattle, WA - Paramount Ballroom

Back
Top Bottom