The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM   #601
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
So.......................

Has anyone heard about "Meg's" recent "exploits"?

http://www.nme.com/news/the-white-stripes/31346
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is true, LemonMelon. In fact it could be dangerous to Meg. If she already has acute anxiety and everyone rushes to judgement on something that might not be true, it could damage her forever. She might never have the courage to go back on stage. So be careful everyone before you rush to judgement.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #602
Refugee

I think that he was ridiculing the very suggestion that she is in the tape. Regardless, any attempt to insinuate her with such behavior is crass at best and quite reprehensible, especially during a period of personal difficulties.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #603
The Male

Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is true, LemonMelon. In fact it could be dangerous to Meg. If she already has acute anxiety and everyone rushes to judgement on something that might not be true, it could damage her forever. She might never have the courage to go back on stage. So be careful everyone before you rush to judgement.
I don't believe this is true at all. In fact, I have seen the video and personally, I think the girl looks more like Bjork circa 1994 or so. Certainly not Meg. Plus, I would never think she would be the kind of person to leak something like this...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #604
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

I don't believe this is true at all. In fact, I have seen the video and personally, I think the girl looks more like Bjork circa 1994 or so. Certainly not Meg. Plus, I would never think she would be the kind of person to leak something like this...
I wasn't suggesting you thought it was true. I was actually agreeing with you as in 'I wouldn't jump to that conclusion either, LemonMelon.' Sorry if you misunderstood and for not making that clear.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #605
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I wasn't suggesting you thought it was true. I was actually agreeing with you as in 'I wouldn't jump to that conclusion either, LemonMelon.' Sorry if you misunderstood and for not making that clear.
Oh, OK then. Very good. Sometimes sarcasm comes across poorly in written form, and that first post of mine was rather condescending.

I am a big Meg White fan, not just a fan of the band. I think she's a great drummer, has a sweet, quiet personality, quirky sense of humor, and yes, I do find her attractive. To see her going through all of this all at once really bothers me, and I sincerely hope she can keep her composure through it, tough as that may be.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #606
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cdisantis83
...Regardless, any attempt to insinuate her with such behavior is crass at best and quite reprehensible, especially during a period of personal difficulties.

When things like this happen, the speculation and everything, I wonder if society hasn't completely gone down the toilet. It's such a non-story, but it's an accusation that can truly hurt someone (especially if that person is already hurting). I really hate how the entertainment industry treats people like cartoon characters...they're the ones who should be ashamed.

On a more positive note, I thought this was rather cool: http://www.nme.com/news/bob-dylan/31318 Jack and Bob Dylan. Youtube clip included.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #607
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:47 AM
from mtv.com...

Though they still haven't spoken in detail about the nervous condition affecting drummer Meg White which forced them abandon their world tour this summer, the White Stripes announced on their Web site that they've been in the studio and have cooked up some new tunes. The post reports that "the White Stripes have just filmed an exciting new video and recorded three never-before-heard original songs (with a special collaboration) and one unique new version of a song from their latest album, 'Icky Thump.' " No information was given about the release date of the new music or the debut of the video. ...
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #608
Blue Crack Distributor

I really wish I could have had a chance to see them this year.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #609
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:47 AM
me too....
Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #610
Blue Crack Distributor

I like Elephant and Icky Thump.

Do you think I would like White Blood Cells and Get Behind Me Satan? Are they that much different from the two albums I have?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #611
Blue Crack Distributor

I'd get White Blood Cells, and maybe skip Get Behind Me Satan.

Out of all of their albums, that one has stuck with me the least.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #612
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:47 AM
I like Get Behind Me Satan. Granted, that's the only White Stripes album I've heard in full, though (I heard some of Icky Thump when my family was at a pizza place one night-apparently the restaurant decided to play the entire album. I liked what I heard off it, though). So which would probably be worth checking out next for me, Elephant or White Blood Cells?

I feel bad for all the White Stripes fans who are unable to go see the band right now . Hope you get another chance down the line.

Angela
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #613
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Both?

I'd probably go with Elephant, then White Blood Cells.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #614
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I like Elephant and Icky Thump.

Do you think I would like White Blood Cells and Get Behind Me Satan? Are they that much different from the two albums I have?
De Stijl is their 2nd best album for sure. GBMS is a great record too. White Blood Cells is one of their worst albums; a few standouts, but no flow or real consistency.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:03 AM   #615
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:47 AM
"White Blood Cells" is still my favourite White Stripes album. And I felt that "Elephant" was their most overrated effort and something of a minor disappointment, despite a few great individual tracks. At the time it left me wondering whether the band finally backed themselves into a corner with nowhere else to go.

Tags
icky thump, jack white, meg white, the white stripes, white stripes