The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone get the live CD and /or concert DVD today? If so, how is /are it / they?

I'm going to buy the DVD as soon as possible.

Their last concert DVD, "Under Blackpool Lights", was fantastic.

No one bit on boxed set, eh? I figured one of my friends would have, but he's the lazy and forgetful type.

I think I'm going to mosey down to the Third Man pop-up shop today, where they're showing the new film. Excited.

And I have no opinion, obviously. Is it still up there to listen to? I had it playing in the background while I worked, so I really didn't get a good listen. What I recall sounded fine. I'm easy to please :shrug:

Did you end up getting this, Imps? Anyone?

I'd like to know if it's worthy of a purchase.

Haven't managed to yet, no. I honestly don't have a lot of use for concert films, so I probably won't get it.

Didn't get a chance to go to the Third Man store either. Damn.

Yeah, I've stopped buying concert DVDs and what not, but I wouldn't mind a live album if it's well done.

I'd like to know if it's worthy of a purchase.

I've listened to the live album a couple of times through and greatly enjoyed it. I personally think it's worthy of a purchase, but I have no idea if you'd like it or not. That's kind of a hard thing to say. I'm a huge Stripes fan, so of course I loved it...I don't know how big a fan of the band you are.

The thing is that he has "hinted" at new Stripes material multiple times over the last couple of years. It was never a question of "if" there will be another White Stripes album, just "when" it will happen. This is one of the most prolific and fastest-working musicians going today. I guarantee he's had Stripes songs sitting around since Icky Thump came out. It's just a matter of when Meg wants to get her shit together and when they can find three weeks in the studio to bang it out. I will only be truly :hyper: when we get a release date or an album title or something more official.

All that being said, I guess it doesn't hurt to have him drop another hint. And I can't wait to hear it. This is one of my favorite bands ever and, in my opinion, the stuff Jack has done with Meg totally craps all over the stuff he's done with the Raconteurs and Dead Weather.

The thing is that he has "hinted" at new Stripes material multiple times over the last couple of years. It was never a question of "if" there will be another White Stripes album, just "when" it will happen. This is one of the most prolific and fastest-working musicians going today. I guarantee he's had Stripes songs sitting around since Icky Thump came out. It's just a matter of when Meg wants to get her shit together and when they can find three weeks in the studio to bang it out. I will only be truly :hyper: when we get a release date or an album title or something more official.

I know, but I think we can take Jack's word for it over someone like, say Bono :wink:

I love how they can throw out an album after a couple of weeks in the studio! :up:

Back
Top Bottom