The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The email from Ticketmaster says "Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. WHITE STRIPES scheduled at KIVA AUDITORIUM on THURSADAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2007 , at 7:30 PM, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced." When I called and inquired they said tickets would be honored for the rescheduled show, but with no idea when that would be (and just not trusting that the Ticketmaster agent who told me that has the right information), I think you're probably right.

Last edited:
We have 4 tickets. :|

I emailed the site thru the Customer Service section yesterday, and they responded this morning:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the White Stripes Tour cancellation. At this time, we have not received official word from the promoter regarding the cancellation of all remaining dates of the tour. When we receive confirmation that the events have officially been cancelled, and that refunds will be issued, we will post the information immediately on our website. We are currently working with the promoter to obtain this information.

In the meantime, they still have our money :grumpy:

joyfulgirl said:
Yes. So far looks like the European tour is still on.

Is everyone going to turn in your tickets for a refund or hold on to them for the rescheduled shows? Ticketmaster only gives you like a week to request a refund.

See Bono's American Wife's post. The Whole tour for the remainder of the year is off...unless thats changed?

I guess thats probably going to rule them out of the Big Day out and an Australian tour in jan/feb 2008 :(

Hope Meg gets well soon...........

Would any one really be dissapointed if they toured without Meg? Jack is the talent in the band and Meg is just a mediocre drummer. I would be pretty statisfied if Jack showed up with another drummer who was better than Meg.

thetitans2k said:
Would any one really be dissapointed if they toured without Meg? Jack is the talent in the band and Meg is just a mediocre drummer. I would be pretty statisfied if Jack showed up with another drummer who was better than Meg.

Ummm.......WTF?..........You would go see U2 without Larry Mullen Jr?

thetitans2k said:

I can't imagine a Meg-less Stripes at all. She might not be the most technically gifted, but she's certainly got a style all her own, and is a real presence on stage. I highly doubt another drummer could duplicate that spark and chemistry she has with Jack.

The cancellation really sucks on all levels. :( I hope Meg gets better, and I also hope everyone gets to see them at some point in the near future. :up:

thetitans2k said:

I understand what you are saying, but their dynamic would be lost...

The White Stripes play with a certain amount of innocence and that would be lost with Meg...

thetitans2k said:

:scratch:

Meg is the other Stripe. Without her, it's Jack White solo.

thetitans2k said:

Well I think that Meg, while not the greatest of drummers, has her own unique presence and style and as far as I'm concerned White Stripes aren't White Stripes without her.

bono_man2002 said:

See Bono's American Wife's post. The Whole tour for the remainder of the year is off...unless thats changed?...

yeah, I don't know where I got that from :huh:

No Meg, no Stripes.

Ack. This royally sucks for anyone who had tickets to see the Stripes. :( I feel so bad for you guys, as I know you were looking forward to it. Hope Meg gets better soon... Anxiety can be just as crippling as physical illness.

And no, Jack couldn't go out on tour without Meg and bill it "The White Stripes". That's crazy. Like Martha said, do that and it's just Jack White solo.

martha said:

:scratch:

Meg is the other Stripe. Without her, it's Jack White solo.

Exactly. :up:

So now I have to wait for Stubhub to officially declare the event canceled (with no possibility of being rescheduled) so I can get my money refunded :|

I just received a new email that says:

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your event. White Stripes , scheduled at Kiva Auditorium on Thursday, September 13, 2007, at 7:30pm, has been cancelled.

Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $3.35 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

So now they're automatically crediting accounts instead of having to return tickets by a certain date in order to get a refund. Which is good ... except that I was returning mine by UPS 2nd day to ensure they didn't get lost. Figured better to lose $12 than $80 or whatever it was. Earlier this summer I returned something to Pottery Barn by Priority Mail. They never received it so without tracking info I'm out the $100 the item cost so that's why I took this route with the tickets. Hopefully I can catch the UPS package before it goes.:|

If they'd have hired me as their astrologer this would never have happened. Tickets for most shows went on sale during Mercury retrograde which could have only resulted in confusion (remember the U2 presale anyone? They should have hired me, too. ). But nobody listens to me and Nancy Reagan. :sad: :lol:

It is just Jack White solo. I realize that, buy would any one actually be dissapointed. Would you feel ripped off for paying full ticket press. Yes, I think I would see U2 without Larry Mullen, as long as somebody could replicate what he does.

me too :sad:

grumpyhighfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom