The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you know Rag & Bone is different on the vinyl? I sure didn't, but I'm glad I found out.

For your listening pleasure: *link removed by Bonochick*

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to be the witch, but we can't have links to officially released tracks posted here, even if they are from vinyl. You'll have to go the email route if you want to share. Sorry. :(

Am I wrong in thinking that Icky Thump is the Stripes' best effort thus far? The more I listen to this, the more I admire it.
By the way, InMyPlace or anyone else, if you still have the vinyl version of "Rag & Bone," I might be interested in it. :wink:

cdisantis83[at]yahoo.com

cdisantis83 said:
Am I wrong in thinking that Icky Thump is the Stripes' best effort thus far? The more I listen to this, the more I admire it.
By the way, InMyPlace or anyone else, if you still have the vinyl version of "Rag & Bone," I might be interested in it. :wink:

cdisantis83[at]yahoo.com

I don't know. I got tired of it quickly. Maybe that's true for me for all of their records. I love them for a bit, and then I put them away. :shrug:

But I'm really looking forward to the show in 11 days. :hyper:

Lila64 said:
17 days for our show :hyper:

:hyper: and 17 more days till I get my braces off! :hyper:

(I'll do this one myself....)
offtopic.gif

The biggest decision you'll have to make all season-- Do I see the White Stripes or Arcade Fire at the Austin City Limits festival this Saturday?-- has just been made for you.

Citing "medical reasons," the Stripes have cancelled their September 15 appearance at the ACL fest (according to an Austin360.com report), along with another gig the following night at Stubb's Bar-B-Q in Austin (according to Stubb's' website). We like to call this medical ailment, for which there is no known cure, Playing Against the Arcade Fire Syndrome (although the Stripes can hold their own better than most).

No word yet on other show cancellations, although one assumes that these "medical reasons" aren't going to subside for this Thursday's Albuquerque gig only to return this weekend.

The hottest ticket in town was the Stripes show at Stubb's.....and I had one.

I hope Jack and/or Meg feel better, but dammit am I ever upset.

My show was scheduled for tomorrow night and has been postponed. :scream:

It was originally scheduled for October, moved up to September, and now postponed with no new date announced. It means getting a refund and hoping I get tickets to the rescheduled event whenever that is.

I now hate the White Stripes.

[kidding]

[sort of]

Weird thing is, my friend kept forgetting about the show and I had a weird feeling about it, too, and we both realized that neither of us ever actually saw us at that theatre at a White Stripes show tomorrow night.

Oh, And I guess it would have helped if I'd read the previous posts before coming in just to post my rant. :reject:

Sorry.

The email from Ticketmaster just mentioned my show, not the whole tour, which their website says has been cancelled due to Meg's anxiety.

Okay, so now I feel better about my situation but bad for Meg.

And I won't hate them anymore.

But I'm still mad that almost no one interesting comes to Abq and the one interesting show this year has now been cancelled. :sad:

Last edited:
So according to the Stripes site, the rest of the west has been cancelled. :( Though the 21st in Berkeley isn't listed, I'm guessing that will be affected also.

It sounds like Meg has some flying issues, but they've been touring for years. :hmm: And it seems to me, if this is not the whole truth, that Jack would have taken the fall and not pin it all on Meg :shrug:

Oh well, hopefully this isn't the end of them touring.

Well that just sucks. I was so looking forward to it. :sad:

I wonder if Ticketbastard will refund the full amount, including their convenience fees :angry:

Hope Meg is okay...

:(

The White Stripes announced today that they are canceling their forthcoming tour due to health issues. Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.

The White Stripes sincerely apologize to their fans. “We hate to let people down and are very sorry."

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase.

Dates affected:

9/13/07 Albuquerque, NM @ Kiva Auditorium
9/15/07 Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Festival
9/16/07 Austin, TX @ Stubbs Bar-B-Q
9/18/07 San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
9/19/07 Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
9/21/07 Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre
9/24/07 Anchorage, AK @ George M. Sullivan Sports Arena
9/26/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
9/27/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
9/28/07 Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Theater
9/29/07 Salt Lake City, UT @ The E Center
9/30/07 Jackson Hole, WY @ Snowking Center
10/2/07 Rapid City, SC @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
10/3/07 Fargo, ND @ Fargo Civic Auditorium
10/4/07 Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Center Auditorium
10/6/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/7/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/10/07 Honolulu, HI @ Neal S. Blaisdell Center

Further tour cancellations and refund info
Body: The White Stripes have canceled all remaining tour dates through the end of the year, this includes all dates in the UK this Fall. They thank you for your understanding and well wishes.

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase, except for Austin City Limits Festival which is nonrefundable due to it being a festival. If you purchased your tickets for any of the canceled shows via a fan pre-sale on the band’s web site, please email tix@musictoday.com for refunds.

I asked Ticketmaster if original tickets would be honored for the rescheduled show and they said yes. But if nothing's going to happen this year, I guess I should get a refund and try again for tickets when they're rescheduled. Are any of you going to hold on to your tickets?

If fear of flying is the reason and was a known problem, they should have organized a tour using a bus. :grumpy: But maybe she had a recent bad experience which triggered it all over again or something.

It's hard for me to relate to since I'm so comfortable flying (except for the airport hassles and delays, which have been worse than ever the last few weeks and makes me not want to travel, too).

I'm still annoyed and disappointed. Because it's all about ME, lol.

martha said:
I haven't been home to check my email yet, but TM is showing just selected shows cancelled so far. :scratch:

The White Stripes website, along with press releases in Rolling Stone, the LA Times, etc., says all the shows remaining on the tour are cancelled...beginning with my show tomorrow. :sad:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...el-fall-tour-citing-meg-whites-acute-anxiety/
Meg White’s “acute anxiety” has lead to the cancellation of the White Stripes‘ entire fall U.S. tour, according to a statement from the band. “The White Stripes announced today that they are canceling their forthcoming tour due to health issues,” said the duo. “Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.” Yesterday the White Stripes pulled out of their scheduled appearance at this weekend’s Austin City Limits festival for “medical reasons.” The new statement also included an apology to the band’s fans: “We hate to let people down and are very sorry.” Keep reading for a full list of affected dates:

Canceled White Stripes tour dates:

September 13: Albuquerque, NM (Kiva Auditorium)
September 15: Austin, TX (Austin City Limits festival)
September 16: Austin, TX (Stubb’s BBQ)
September 18: Chula Vista, CA (Coors Amphitheatre)
September 19: Inglewood, CA (The Forum)
September 21: Berkeley, CA (Greek Theatre)
September 24: Anchorage, AL (William A. Egan Civic Center)
September 26: Seattle, WA (Paramount Ballroom)
September 27: Seattle, WA (Paramount Ballroom)
September 28: Boise, ID (Idaho Center Theatre)
September 29: Salt Lake City, UT (E Center)
September 30: Jackson Hole, WY (Snow King Center)
October 2: Rapid City, SD (Rushmore Plaza)
October 3: Fargo, ND (Civic Auditorium)
October 4: Lincoln, NE (Pershing Auditorium)
October 6: Chicago, IL (Aragon Ballroom)
October 7: Chicago, IL (Aragon Ballroom)
October 10: Honolulu, HI (Blaisdell Center)
-- Elizabeth Goodman

We haven't received any notification yet from Ticketbastard. We'll be contacting them soon enough :mad:

My friend had several floor tix for next weeks show. He said he heard about the cancellation on KROQ this morning. :sigh:

Yes. So far looks like the European tour is still on.

Is everyone going to turn in your tickets for a refund or hold on to them for the rescheduled shows? Ticketmaster only gives you like a week to request a refund.

Back
Top Bottom