The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard:

1. An early clip of I'm Slowly Turning Into You from February.

2. Icky Thump single.

3. Live version of Effect And Cause from Jools Holland.

4. Leaked single of Rag & Bone.

I'd say that I've done a pretty good job of holding out and just taking what they've given me. :wink:

BTW, I think it's time to get out the infamous Meg's legs avatar once again. :drool: :drool: :drool:

They were on Conan O'Brien Monday night / Tuesday morning. Performed 2 songs: Icky Thump, and Effect & Cause. The latter they performed while set-up in the audience. Meg just played tambourine. Very cool! :up:

Lila64 said:
was the show heavy on new material?

Wasnt loads of new material in there, but there was some. No Rag and Bone which was a shame. Overall, a good mixture of old and new, and an amazing show.

Everyone in England can check BBCi this week. There is a short White Stripes set from last week at the BBC studios. Only 23 minutes long, but they play Slowly Turning Into You and Effect and Cause. Very good!

Icky Thump has a great score of 83 on Metacritic right now, but out of only 19 reviews, so expect that score to change. :hmm:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Only 9.99 at Best Buy - so far from what I've heard I love it. :drool:

That's where I got it. I've only made it through the first few songs, but I'm enjoying it so far. :love:

Ironic that I can buy wholesale, and it's still cheaper at Best Buy. Only advantage is I can get it slightly earlier. Such is life...

LemonMelon said:
Icky Thump has a great score of 83 on Metacritic right now, but out of only 19 reviews, so expect that score to change. :hmm:

you win, with the avatar, i mean :up:

"CoOoOoOoOonquest!"

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I :heart: Icky Thump. My new fav song :up: And I really like Conquest.

I couldn't help but smile during Conquest..AhaaaAaaaaa!! It's maybe the craziest White Stripes song I've heard since Little Acorns on Elephant :drool:

I'm still in listening/absorbing mode, but it sounds pretty great so far :up:

I was going to buy the album while I was in St. John's today. Ended up not being able to, due to being EXTREMELY stoned after a visit to the dentist's office to get my wisdom teeth removed. :lol:

I hope I'll be able to find it at the local Wal-Mart tomorrow...must learn all the lyrics as quickly as possible before next month's show!

If I liked Elephant, do you think I'd like this one? I haven't heard anything off it yet, so have nothing to go by.

I don't think I heard more than two songs off "Get Behind Me Satan."

corianderstem said:
If I liked Elephant, do you think I'd like this one? I haven't heard anything off it yet, so have nothing to go by.

Yes :up:

I like this album loads more than Get Behind Me Satan and just about as much as Elephant.

GibsonGirl said:
I was going to buy the album while I was in St. John's today. Ended up not being able to, due to being EXTREMELY stoned after a visit to the dentist's office to get my wisdom teeth removed. :lol:

I hope I'll be able to find it at the local Wal-Mart tomorrow...must learn all the lyrics as quickly as possible before next month's show!

Ha! When I read the first part of that sentence, the "stoned" mention threw me for a second! I thought you were going to say "...at a party" or something :lol:

Hope you're pain-free! I've got a feeling our show's going to be incredible...filled with intense head-bobbing. Good thing you took care of those teeth now :wink:

corianderstem said:

You're in the same boat I am. I went through a big Elephant phase a few years ago. It just happened to coincide with a big jogging phase, and ended up as the official soundtrack of intense sweating :wink: I loved that album, then the band went off the radar a bit for me...I didn't buy Get Behind Me Satan when it came out, but I'm catching up now. It's got some great songs, like Blue Orchid, My Doorbell, & Take, Take, Take. I think it'll take me a few more listens before I reign Icky Thump in. The thing I love about them is how they improvise, and use a stream of consciousness approach. It's pretty refreshing in a time when so much is over-calculated...I think it'll also translate into a completely original live show.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I like this album loads more than Get Behind Me Satan and just about as much as Elephant.

This should really be written on the album packaging...it could just be signed "LMP," and nobody would even question it :wink:

Dude, that's a great idea. :wink:

One day I say Elephant is better because it has "Girl, You Have No Faith in Medicine" (a very fun song to play on guitar)

Then one day I'll say Icky Thump is better because of "Rag and Bone"

It's so hard :sad:

angelordevil said:

Ha! When I read the first part of that sentence, the "stoned" mention threw me for a second! I thought you were going to say "...at a party" or something :lol:

Hope you're pain-free! I've got a feeling our show's going to be incredible...filled with intense head-bobbing. Good thing you took care of those teeth now :wink:

Hee! No, I'm not the stoner type. In fact, today was the first time I've ever been high. When they say "laughing gas", they mean it. I was laughing at everything. My feet, my hands, my mother, the rain on the windows, the moose signs on the highway, the laughing during Brain Damage/Eclipse... If I'd gone to HMV, I would have probably laughed at all the CDs in the shop. :lol:

Thanks, I'm pain free right now due to the large amounts of codeine I've been prescribed, but I think I'm in for a bumpy ride tomorrow. :sigh: And yes, I'm glad I got this done now instead of July. I want to be able to rock out with Jack and Meg at our show without being in agony! :rockon:

GibsonGirl said:
I was laughing at everything. My feet, my hands, my mother, the rain on the windows, the moose signs on the highway, the laughing during Brain Damage/Eclipse...

This is the greatest sentence ever.

Back
Top Bottom