The Weeknd Needs a Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The terrified screaming in the background shows the wide influence of JNP

Holy shit the last three minutes of that song are among the best things to happen to music this year

HYPE.

Kiss Land leaked.

Horrible album title. Horrible cover. Awesome music. The lyrics aren't all about drugs and fucking, which is disappointing for about half a second, but the terrific (though somewhat lighter/more danceable) beats and awesome hooks make up for it. He sounds more like MJ than ever.

The title track has been posted already, so here are a couple more tracks to convince you to listen/buy in case you're still on the fence:

The Weeknd - Adaptation (Kiss Land) - YouTube

The Weeknd - Wanderlust (Kiss Land ) - YouTube

Kiss Land leaked.

Horrible album title. Horrible cover. Awesome music. The lyrics aren't all about drugs and fucking, which is disappointing for about half a second, but the terrific (though somewhat lighter/more danceable) beats and awesome hooks make up for it. He sounds more like MJ than ever.

The title track has been posted already, so here are a couple more tracks to convince you to listen/buy in case you're still on the fence:

The Weeknd - Adaptation (Kiss Land) - YouTube

The Weeknd - Wanderlust (Kiss Land ) - YouTube

An actual leak or a rip of the NPR stream? Either way, I need to go hit up that stream.

I haven't quite been able to get into The Weeknd, and so far this isn't really doing it for me, but holy shit balls this track that samples Machine Gun

I've been listening to this album quite a lot lately. This one might even surpass House of Balloons for me. Each song has got at least one hook that makes it memorable. As ever, the atmosphere Tesfaye creates is gripping. The songs are about excess, success and women but from an anxious perspective (if that makes any sense). Tesfaye is especially good at making downbeat productions to fit the songs in. The lyrics aren't exactly strong but they do contribute to said atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom