The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
New album out in August, tour in the fall.

18767850_1558708324171427_8797163179908907940_n.jpg

First single is "Holding On," released today. The RSD single "Thinking of a Place" is also on the album.

1. Up All Night
2. Pain
3. Holding On
4. Strangest Thing
5. Knocked Down
6. Nothing to Find
7. Thinking of a Place
8. In Chains
9. Clean Living
10. You Don't Have to Go

The War On Drugs goes full '80s-era Springsteen on its latest song, with glockenspiel chimes set against gritty guitars and synths. - NPR music...

GLOCKENSPIEL!!!!!

Listening now...

God damn it, I spent $50 on a ticket for the opening night of this tour and now I'm gonna have to miss the show for a fucking bachelor party. Kill me.

Contemplating pre ordering the colored vinyl set.. it comes with the record store day single but I already have the single..

I can't help but laugh at everything about this band, every song title on that record is so very them, everything they do is so wistful, "I'm drivin' along..." blah blah blah.

And yet, they pull it off so well. Two great singles so far. I wasn't that big on Lost in the Dream, thought it was too long and just really meandered, so hoping this one has a bit more punch to it. Good signs so far.

I can't help but laugh at everything about this band, every song title on that record is so very them, everything they do is so wistful, "I'm drivin' along..." blah blah blah.

And yet, they pull it off so well. Two great singles so far. I wasn't that big on Lost in the Dream, thought it was too long and just really meandered, so hoping this one has a bit more punch to it. Good signs so far.
It's not a coincidence that many of my favorite songs to drive to are War on Drugs songs.

I'm going to wait til the album release to listen to any more than that first 10 minute song they released. I've found when I hear songs outside of the context of an album with bands like this I wind up disconnecting with that song and think about when I heard it first vs. the whole album.

God damn it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Good news, we've moved it a week earlier, so I'm back in on War on Drugs. However, I am now out on Father John Misty (probably wasn't going anyway since I didn't like that new album) and Arcade Fire (disappointing). So it goes.

I've seen him twice and loved both shows, but yeah. A setlist that features Birdie > A Bigger Paper Bag > God of Love just does nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom