The War on Drugs - A Deeper Understanding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gave Slave Ambient another listen after some time apart and discovered it's better than I remembered. Brothers, Baby Missiles and Black Water Falls are fantastic songs and it's overall more engaging than the new album. Not being almost 70 minutes of the same thing definitely helps.

Going to see them tonight, LIVE in concert. According to the recent setlists it looks like they're only playing songs off the new one and Lost in the Dream, which is a drag, but should still be good.

Going to see them tonight, LIVE in concert. According to the recent setlists it looks like they're only playing songs off the new one and Lost in the Dream, which is a drag, but should still be good.

If they can keep a setlist like that until February when they come to Australia, I'll be stoked. Slave Ambient never really struck me in the same way as Lost in the Dream so I haven't bothered to work any further backwards in their discography.

Nothing from Slave Ambient but we did get Arms Like Boulders.

Pain, Strangest Thing, and Holding On are all great fucking songs.

We got Brothers last night so I was happy.

The new songs aren't as strong as the Lost in the Dream songs, but they sounded great last night anyway.

I was very happy all night. ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Saw the band here in Chicago last night - amazing show. The band is incredible, and Adam's guitar tones and playing are incredibly adventurous and cathartic. I could feel a crackle of energy from the crowd around me whenever the dissonant threads of a song started to coalesce. The light show was fantastic - one minute they're in a dark vacuum of space and time, then the song shifts w the lights and it looks like they're on a Solid Gold soundstage. Suited the music so fucking well.
The songs from the new album DELIVER in a live setting. The old hits come of as way bigger hits than I thought they were. Red Eyes and Under the Pressure fucking SLAYED. They take the quiet, dissonant passages of Pressure to a new level, so much so that when that epic groove slams back in it was utter euphoria.
Sight lines at the Aragon (a beautiful and fun venue) suck, especially if you're of average height surrounded by midwestern Scandinavian descendants who tower over your 5 ft 9 inch frame like Thor over Antman. Dudes out here are TALL. Great time nonetheless. I'd do it all exactly the same again if I could.

ETA: They're the best band in the world right now, for my money. Pain is my Jam.

I've also got tickets to see them. Because I forgot I'm going to Laneway haha. Oh well, hopefully they'll clash with someone and it will cut off one choice.

I often do sideshows for artists even though I see them at Laneway. This year it's Slowdive and The War on Drugs. The third artist I badly want to see is Wolf Alice and they're not doing sideshows, so I'm definitely covered if there are clashes.

Back
Top Bottom