The War on Drugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm this close to getting a ticket for the other LA area show. I don't even care that it's two school nights in a row.

That was so good. Thanks for finding it.

I had the pleasure of seeing them in Chicago back in March- their show delivers in spades. Watching him play guitar I kept thinking about vintage Tom Scholz (I'm a big Boston fan- no irony)- he's a melodic, precise, gifted player, and his guitar lines really elevate the already fantastic tunes. Also like J Mascis in the way he can explosively, viscerally improvise to push things even further live.

Get that ticket. You won't be disappointed.

well now, this is awesome.
War on Drugs scheduled to play the Hideout Block Party here in Chicago.

it's a great (not so) little street fest. count me in.
Hideout-2014.jpg

well now, this is awesome.
War on Drugs scheduled to play the Hideout Block Party here in Chicago.

it's a great (not so) little street fest. count me in.
Hideout-2014.jpg

Thanks for posting. I have had some other obligation the last two years for this, but I think I can make it this year.

This may be a weird opinion, but I don't like Slave Ambient anywhere near as much as Lost in the Dream. I keep thinking I'll get into it more, but it never happens. 3 or 4 tracks are ok, but Suffering is the only song on Lost In The Dream I like any of them more than. The rest of the album just comes and goes for me. I sometimes find Baby Missiles quite annoying, and it seems to be the most popular song from the album. I'm actually really glad I heard the new one first.

No, that's not an uncommon opinion. A lot of people jumping on the bandwagon with this awesome new album, just like Tame Impala got slept on for a while until Lonerism really caught fire.

Personally, I love everything TWOD has put out since the beginning and they're one of my favorite bands going. TWOD/Kurt Vile & The Violators double bill would be a dream gig for me.

This may be a weird opinion, but I don't like Slave Ambient anywhere near as much as Lost in the Dream. I keep thinking I'll get into it more, but it never happens. 3 or 4 tracks are ok, but Suffering is the only song on Lost In The Dream I like any of them more than. The rest of the album just comes and goes for me. I sometimes find Baby Missiles quite annoying, and it seems to be the most popular song from the album. I'm actually really glad I heard the new one first.

Can appreciate this. I enjoy Lost in The Dream every time I listen to it (which has been probably close to 25 times) and while I've revisited Slave Ambient a few times since the release of the new album, I just keep getting cravings for more Lost In The Dream.

I actually find Come to the City a little bit plodding, and Black Waterfalls has never excited me much. Suffering is probably my least favourite from Lost in the Dream (and it too might be considered a "ploddler") but it seems to fit oh so sweetly after the one two punch of Under the Pressure/Red Eyes

I was starting to think I was the only one!

I really like the new one, though. Slave Ambient just grabbed me from the first time I heard it, though.

In short: SLAVE AMBIENT THO.

No, that's not an uncommon opinion. A lot of people jumping on the bandwagon with this awesome new album, just like Tame Impala got slept on for a while until Lonerism really caught fire.

I guess I'll have to start honing my knife of hatred for them, then.

Or not. Cos unlike tame impala, war on drugs is actually good.

time for more videos!

in case you missed that thing on Letterman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpH-HwtPD-I

What's this? an entire concert?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMVeLpCKdaw

WOOO!!!

there were a couple of good clips and a quick interview from some Spanish festival on Pitchfork. too lazy to post them all, but here's the interview. he loves his band...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mof8wiBtHPI

looking forward to AV Block Party. I'll be the drunk guy.

If this were Reddit, I'd be giving you so many up arrows, it would be ridiculous.

Fired up to see them in December this year. I'm sure that there will be more than 14 people there to see them this time, like there was last time I checked them, which was kind of cool in a way.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Saw the band at the Hideout /AV Fest block party here in Chicago last night. Totally amazing. I love when Adam Granduciel turns into J Mascis during a solo, and he did that A LOT. If you can see these guys on this tour- DO IT. DO IT NOW.

Special props to Dismemberment Plan for putting one hell of a show immediately before the War on Drugs. High energy, unique, and challenging/accessible at the same time. New fanboy here.

Just picked up Wagonwheel Blues - keen to give this a listen and see how it compares with their more recent (stellar) albums.

Thoughts from those who have listened to it?

Just picked up Wagonwheel Blues - keen to give this a listen and see how it compares with their more recent (stellar) albums.

Thoughts from those who have listened to it?

Wait. What is this?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh, I will watch.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

I will watch, too.

Under the Pressure is my favorite song since "One Sunday Morning".

I first listened to Lost in the Dream after I went through my 360 song playlist while driving from LA to NYC and was blown away, loved it on first listen and that love has not waned.

So now you know.

It's probably still my fav album this year. I like how it sounds in my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

Back
Top Bottom