The War on Drugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:reject:

Now that I've sobered up, I think he does sound like Tom Petty AND Dylan, but I don't think I was thinking of either of those guys.

I like the album. I don't love it, though. They were much more dynamic live. Do I need to investigate their fist album?

martha said:
:reject:

Now that I've sobered up, I think he does sound like Tom Petty AND Dylan, but I don't think I was thinking of either of those guys.

I like the album. I don't love it, though. They were much more dynamic live. Do I need to investigate their fist album?

You'll investigate my fist album if you think the album isn't dynamic. :madwife:

It's a solid album, but Baby Missiles, Brothers and Come To The City aside not a great album.
I'll keep listening though, because last year I felt the same about The National's record, and it's become my favourite record of the past few years.

I reckon It's Your Destiny, I Was There and Your Love Is Calling My Name are super tracks.. In addition to the ones you mentioned. That's 6 super tracks, which amount to be a pretty brilliant album in my book.

I'm really enjoying their performance at Lollapalooza. I liked the last album ok, but I think their songs really improve live...

I had mixed feelings about them live. I really enjoyed it, but they sound almost completely different. Had a great time, shame the mixing was a bit wonky, "Baby Missiles" sounded like an almost completely new song.

Sounded like a new song in a good or bad way? I do like that song quite a bit. Unfortunately it's the only thing on tht album I really, really love. The rest is just ok.

I had mixed feelings about them live. I really enjoyed it, but they sound almost completely different. Had a great time, shame the mixing was a bit wonky, "Baby Missiles" sounded like an almost completely new song.

I hear you. I had trouble identifying some songs. "I Was There" was one of them, and it's my favorite from Slave Ambient, so...

Sounded like a new song in a good or bad way? I do like that song quite a bit. Unfortunately it's the only thing on tht album I really, really love. The rest is just ok.

Its my favorite song by them, and it was still great, but you could barely hear the synthetic line, plus they were singing all the songs a little harsher than normal.

Ah, so the parts that give it that mid80s springsteen/Eddie and the cruisers feel? It's rare that I say some non-typical rock n roll instrument parts is what makes a song kick ass, but in this case I make an exception.

I finally caught these guys live at Falls a few days ago. I echo the sentiments of others who have also seen them live - some of the songs do sound quite different from their recorded versions. Was an enjoyable, if under appreciated set. Granduciel was an awkward, but nice enough frontman (felt like it took them 15 mins to get their shit together) before they launched into "Best Night".

This year we can expect a new album from them called "Lost in the Dream". "Red Eyes" is the new single, which was one of a few new songs that they played at Falls.

Looking forward to this album.

I'm hoping to see them in Seattle this spring. :up:

Really happy to see they have something new coming out.

Back
Top Bottom