The Walkmen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So in addition to the new Interpol song today, we also get a new Walkmen song! So exciting. This one sounds a lot like some of the stuff on You and Me (I'm not complaining). Apparently it was one of the first ones written for the new album and they're well aware of that fact. Anyway, heres the linky link

Premiere: New Song From The Walkmen : NPR

Also, I got tickets to see them again in October :hyper:

So I'm going to be seeing this band on Saturday as part of a local Montreal music festival (with many of the same bands that will be at Lolla). I don't really know much of their stuff, but I hear they're great live. I'm stoked!

I'm only going on Saturday, so I'll be seeing The Walkmen, Stars, The National, and Arcade Fire. And I'll be checking out other artists as well.

I would have liked to check out The Black Keys (seen them before), the Gaslight Anthem, and Metric, but they're on Sunday and I'll be out of town.

Osheaga 2010

BoMac, I agree with your choices, though I'm concerned that you didn't mention either Pavement or Beach House in your schedule.

Awesome line up though, I'm jealous.

Sounds like we're going to get a lighter album

448px-White_lighter_with_flame.JPG

Best New Music from Pitchyforky! I forgot to preorder it from Amazon earlier, so I won't be getting it until Wednesday.

That's awesome. Good for them!
Pitchfork actually rated it ever so slightly higher than You & Me. Interesting
I've been listening to the stream like crazy. I really like it
It's a strange album in the sense that the songs don't really have any hooks. They're just solid songs that don't need hooks. A mark of great songwriting, I would say

Stranded is one of the best songs of the year.

I really like the rest too, but it's not as immediate.

I've only listened to half the album, and I like it so far. I'll have to give it a really good listen to make a good judgment. Good to hear that it's getting positive reviews so far.

I was reading the comment section in the AV Club review. When one poster got jumped on for prematurely calling the new album the Walkmen's best, someone posted this in response. Made me giggle

"You guys, leave the future music critic alone, he's still jacking off to picture of Regine Chassagne's arm fat."

Just barely got through it for the first time. A couple of tracks int he middle sorta bored me, but I liked everything else. As JT said, there really aren't a lot of hooks in here, but the songs are still good.

Saw these guys play Saturday night.
Very solid show. The sound wasnt as good as the past performance I saw, but the song selection was better and the new songs translate live in an incredible way. I was very impressed.
Also, the opening band was really good. I think they were called AA Bondy or something like that. Reminded me a lot of Ryan Adams. I'll try to find some youtube links

I don't want to hear about your love of double A bondage, JT.

I tried my hardest to talk my friends into going to The Walkmen when we were in Boston last week, I was not successful.

The irony is that you would have justice'd them to oblivion had they been curious enough to download the album.

Back
Top Bottom