The Walkmen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe they toured with Interpol in the early days, actually. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

I'm with you though, this might be my overall favorite Walkmen album. Really excited to see them with Beach House in a few weeks. Hopefully they don't get too screwed on stage time considering Beach House is the headliner.

I think I'm going to end up liking this album a great deal. Now that I've spend more time with it, it feels less airy than Lisbon does. It's got some heft that I feel might've been missing from the previous

I agree with all of this. I add new songs to my "favorites" list every time I listen to it. Already one of my favs this year.

So this might be my favorite album this year. It's close, but it's definitely in the top 2 or 3 for me.

The newest album is actually my overall favorite, so in this case, pulling a "friggin' Cobbler" and starting there might be appropriate. It's really good, might still be my personal favorite album so far this year.

You may want to wait for some others' opinion on the subject though.

I'd go with You & Me. Still my favourite and the one that really got me into them.

Thanks for the heads up on the Conan thing yesterday, Mofo. I actually remembered to watch

Not sure if you saw in the link, but they played We Can't Be Beat after it ended. You can watch it in the link.

Stream Both Sides of the New Walkmen 7" | News | Pitchfork

On November 6, the Walkmen will follow their recent record Heaven with a new 7" single featuring tracks recorded during the Heaven sessions. "Dance With Your Partner" b/w "Vermeer '65" is out via Fat Possum in a limited edition of 1,000. Both tracks are previously unreleased, and the first 100 attendees of the band's Terminal 5 show in New York during CMJ on October 18 will receive free copies.

Hopefully these two songs will be available to purchase digitally as well.

It pains me to say that I have not given nearly enough attention to their new album this year.

Well, you should. It's one of my favorites, possibly my most listened to album this year.

The Walkmen Make Up for Cancelled Show With Spaghetti and Meatballs and Bad Cover Songs | News | Pitchfork

4a4b001d.jpeg

The many bands currently dealing with Hurricane Sandy show cancellations might want to consider taking a page out of the Walkmen's book. Today on Facebook, the band shared details on how they will creatively make up for an October 6 Philadelphia show cancelled "for some dumb reason". (Thanks to Nina Corcoran for the tip.)

The Walkmen will prepare a dinner of spaghetti, meatballs, and "cheap canned beer" for fans with ticket stubs for the cancelled show, to be enjoyed prior to the just-announced makeup show, January 11 at Union Transfer. The meal will be served while the band soundchecks "half-assed versions" of songs like Coldplay's "The Scientist" and "Fix You" and Living Colour's "Cult of Personality".

A representative for the band confirms that yes, this is for real, and not a joke.

According to frontman Hamilton Leithauser, who posted the above image of himself, a group of notable rockers will be there to help dole out the pasta. He names such potential servers as Fleet Foxes, Kurt Vile, the War on Drugs, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Mazarin, and Blood Feathers, "none of whom have been asked." He notes, "there's a very good chance that none of these people may show up." And if you don't have the cancelled ticket stub, never fear: "You can just write in and plead your case," Leithauser writes. "It's not THAT sweet a deal, so the restrictions are sort of lax. Casual attire."

"We realize it's a headache for everyone in Philadelphia who bought tickets to the cancelled October show," he wrote. "And we've come to understand it's never a good idea to tick off a large group of our neighboring Philadelphians."

More details will be shared soon. Leithauser asked fans to "RSVP to this Facebook page," which doesn't really work since the message was posted as a photo. "This is my first Facebook post so I honestly don't know if that's even possible," he wrote. "See you there!"

well that really sucks. i had no idea about that. doesn't really sound like they're close at all... but at the same time, full props for them going out in this way as opposed to the Verve route which was/is/always will be a farce.

then i think Heaven is the perfect send off for them, one of their very last singles. Probably now my favourite track. Very U2-ish for all the right reasons, as far as I'm concerned.

(i can't seem to make up my mind whether to use proper punctuation or not, my apologies.)

The Walkmen - Heaven (Official Music Video) - YouTube

thanks again Zoorock Girl! for all the memories. i've spent as many nights in your bed as you have in my dreams.

Back
Top Bottom