The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just stumbled across as used Waits treasure trove. Got great copies of Heartattack and Blue Valentine. Shame both copies of Nighthawks were beat to shit.

Since my last post, I picked up Simon And Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water (plays excellent), cost me £1. I also picked up Robert Plant & Allison Krauss: Raising Sand (NEW) for £13 and finally, Big Country: The Crossing (Mint) for £3.
Hoping to add a couple more alums this week

Sponsored by Wayne Coyne.

Here's a thought: what album would you like to pressed into for all eternity?

Here's how my Heady Fwends turned out :D

2dc75502.jpg

Kinda bummed there's no download code and it came in two separate covers, but holy shit balls do they look sick.

Niiice. I scored the Doctor Who sampled version on Record Store Day this year and my copy was one of the few signed by Wayne. So that was pretty cool.

I'm religious about using Discogs, even to the point of checking out catalog numbers when I'm rifling through crates.

And yes. Let's get a reissue of Bone Machine already.

You know what pisses me off? I looked on Discogs for that Beck EP I got you, Imps, and people have been trying to sell it since the release date for 250 bucks. I just...hate people.

That's a problem you run into with every single Third Man special release. You should see what the lightning edition Blunderbuss LPs were going for after they first popped up. It's insanity.

I've been collecting since 2003, and it wasn't until the past few years that I noticed the whole "flipping" phenomenon. Last year at Record Store Day my wife and I were in line and struck up a conversation with this fellow and at first I was happily talking to him and thinking he really just liked music and collecting then I realized he was there to try and buy as much RSD items as possible to resell on eBay. He had his wife, a friend, and his teenage son with him and they all were there to simply buy the multiple copies of the same item since the record store doesn't allow one person to buy multiple copies of Record Store Day items.

It's sad to see show ticket style profiteering come to the records game, but it's what you get when there is so much artificial scarcity involved. It's the simplest economic principle there is.

I understand the appeal of something with a very small edition size. I've got plenty of records and screen prints that were part of a small run, so there definitely is a degree of specialness there. But the only way to eliminate flippers from this hobby is for every single record collector to not buy anything at an inflated price off eBay. Not gonna happen.

Randy's actually still had some RSD releases left over when I was there. I wanted to look through the stacks, but kept getting the evil eye from people who thought I was trying to cut in line. Even though I have every album digitally, I'd still die for some Tom Waits vinyl. Even if it's Bad As Me.

Reggo said:
Randy's actually still had some RSD releases left over when I was there. I wanted to look through the stacks, but kept getting the evil eye from people who thought I was trying to cut in line. Even though I have every album digitally, I'd still die for some Tom Waits vinyl. Even if it's Bad As Me.

You say that like there's something wrong with that album.

You say that like there's something wrong with that album.

Of course not. I'm just saying, even if it's the one I already have in two formats, I wouldn't mind the third. Bad wording.

I have the day off tomorrow after murder trial testifying. I may swing by there again.

People are selling the 15lp live limited edition Ryan Adams box set on eBay for close to 1,000 dollars. The actual box set was only 160 dollars I believe, but of course the limited nature of it brought out the opportunists.

Since I seem to have hit the limit here locally when it comes to U2 vinyl (I do NOT trust my mailman around here, he's broken to much stuff of late, so I don't purchase online for stuff like vinyl), my current obsession is Muse. Last vinyl I purchased was Black Holes and Revelations, The Resistance, Showbiz and Absolution.

Do I have an actual vinyl player? No. I just like vinyl haha.

Since I seem to have hit the limit here locally when it comes to U2 vinyl (I do NOT trust my mailman around here, he's broken to much stuff of late, so I don't purchase online for stuff like vinyl), my current obsession is Muse. Last vinyl I purchased was Black Holes and Revelations, The Resistance, Showbiz and Absolution.

Do I have an actual vinyl player? No. I just like vinyl haha.

Yet...your username would have us believe your "notsomad" :lol:

But...your right Lisa, theres something special about vinyl albums. Artwork etc is clearer, just an all round more pleasant experience than CDs etc

Since my last post of recent purchases, i have added the following vinyl:

Led Zeppelin I, II, III and Song Remains The Same 2x LP

Dry The River: Shallow Bed 2x LP (cheapest i found was about £30, then found it on ebay for £15, so leapt at it)

Bruce Springsteen Live 1975-85: 5xLP box set ( Got it for £10 inc delivery)

The Best Of Buddy Rich

The Beach Boys: 20 Golden Hits (cost me £5 inc delivery)

Elvis: Live @ Maddison Square Gardens

Neil Diamond: The Jazz Singer soundtrack (Found this on ebay, the highest bid was 10p, so i bidded 15p for the craic, and i won it!!!!!!:lol:)

and My personal fave: U2 The Joshua Tree, 20th anniversary, Remastered 2x LP (for £9 inc delivery)

Back
Top Bottom