The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I miss my record collection. I can't wait to get situated in life where I can have my own place again and listen to records... and buy more.

Top selling vinyl of The Resurgence™

billboard-top-vinyl-chart-2010-2015-640x640.jpg

there can't possibly be an album any opposite un-hippy-sounding than this tied-dye thing looks.

20150219_103927-1.jpg

I don't always buy vinyl. But when I do, it's limited edition Ramallah/Sinners & Saints 12" EPs.
image_zpsujh90uvm.jpg

I don't own a record player, but it came with a cd version of all the songs and it looks cool. Or something. #'d 92 of 108 of the black n tan ones, but I really couldn't care less about which color I got, I just wanted a copy.

I have always wanted Mezzanine on vinyl. It's such a sexy album, and would be even sexier on wax. Although, it probably wouldn't please ladyfriends very much when you're getting up every 10 minutes to flip sides. "Sorry baby, it's 180g heavyweight..."

Anyway, here's me spinning the new Tame Impala. God I wish we could embed Instagram posts.

[TWEET]631008904047034368[/TWEET]

I found the Sleater-Kinney vinyl box for a pretty good price a few weeks ago. It is beautifully put together. The colored vinyl looks great and sounds just as good. Sub Pop really outdid themselves with that one.

This month so far, I've picked up "Blackstar" and Savages' "Adore Life." Bowie's record is in an excellent gatefold sleeve. Savages' is a bit sparse but musically it's awesome.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1453581144.596803.jpg

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1453581158.862493.jpg

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1453581170.365992.jpg

Roxy.JPG

I found Roxy Music's For Your Pleasure for $6.99 used not too long ago at one of my favorite record stores. I love this album. I would say this is my favorite Roxy Music album actually.

I have that
I bought it new
long ago.

Yeah, it has been reissued and has been on my list for a while. Last month I was bored one evening and decided to go to my local shop with the intent to browse, but not buy anything, and I couldn't pass on this copy. The cover is gently worn, but the record is very clean, and it's an original '70s pressing, and it was cheap!

I'll let you know in about three hours when I reach the end of this line.

RSD is more fun in smaller cities tbh.

Last edited:
Fort Worth record store day was my favorite

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

I didn't attend this year due to financial reasons. This is the first year I didn't attend since finding out about RSD back in 2010 ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

8oFbgNCh.jpg

This picture does no justice to The Force Awakens 10".

I'm really looking forward to digging into this new Nuggets comp. They're always fun.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1460843377.857377.jpg

Illinoise is not a RSD edition, but I've been meaning to get the 10th anniversary edition for a while.

8oFbgNCh.jpg

This picture does no justice to The Force Awakens 10".

I'm really looking forward to digging into this new Nuggets comp. They're always fun.

Oh shit! This is like the first time they've had most of the stuff I wanted. (I'm at work and couldn't attend this year.)

I picked up:

The Buzzcocks: More Product in a Different Compilation
Patti Smith: Horses Live
Elvis: I'm Leavin'

I had the Madonna Japanese Like a Virgin in my hand (I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere) but couldn't justify $30 for four tracks.

That Madonna release looked really cool, but I didn't want to think of how much it was going to cost. Didn't even bother with it. :(

What did everyone pick up for Record Store Day? This was my haul.

CgLvwkkW8AQtTA_.jpg:medium

I wanted that Foals release, but I guess the guy at the record store messed up, gave Travis the wrong thing, and in the time between figuring out the mistake, and trying to get it fixed, they'd sold the last copy.

My friend is playing the Bowie album in her vinyl hours radio show. It's pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm basically never participating in Record Store Day again (either of the two annual versions). It's always such a mad house. I usually work on Saturdays, anyway, but today I went on Bullmoose a few hours after the remaining records went online. A lot of stuff was already gone, but I couldn't get on earlier because I was at work. Loaded up my cart with a half dozen items, ready for checkout. Then somebody snagged the last copy of one of my items. I literally could not proceed through checkout because this one item was stuck in my basket and it was impossible to remove it.

Ultimately, I just realized it's not worth the freakin' hassle. I'm probably done with record buying in general as I gave it up towards the end of last summer due to space concerns and a career shift (as I mentioned in an earlier post), but now I can't even enjoy in getting some cool looking reissues because it's always pandemonium. The sad part is that there would be plenty to go around if it wasn't for all the idiots trying to flip stuff. You'll see like $20 Otis Redding reissues drop to $25 on Discogs and just sit there for years...like these guys are so intent on turning a profit that they refuse to let any of the inventory go for less. I say, fuck 'em.

That Madonna release looked really cool, but I didn't want to think of how much it was going to cost. Didn't even bother with it. :(

That's what got stuck in my checkout for Bullmoose. It was actually only $13 which seems rather fair...although some stores probably jacked it up to $30 like the poster above me mentioned. They basically knew their would be high demand, I guess.

It would be so awesome to live in Maine for Record Store Day...literally every title is usually sitting in stores as late as Sunday, waiting to get picked up. Probably none of the insanity we have everywhere else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom