The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought a deck with an upgraded sound system earlier this week, so have started hitting the second hand record stores. Really am enjoying the improvement in sound compared to the same albums on CD, now I just need to scavenge my Dad's loft.

Haha, Mrs Monkeyskin went out for a run this morning and came back with The White Album and Abbey Road from a nearby garage sale. Total cost: $8 :love:

I think I'm going to head out and do some crate digging here in a bit.

Slim pickins tonight unless you wanted to buy four copies of the same damn Dire Straits LP. At least I did get the wonderful Waterloo staff to order me that THE NASH! 7" I've been bitching about.

Shit, cat. How much did that set you back?

Got Astral Weeks and Songs in the Key of Life yesterday. It's good to fill up my collection with some essentials rather than buying solely new stuff.

That actually could be a lot worse considering you're going to get screwed on shipping any time you order an LP from anywhere. Good haul. Now you need to buy a real turntable.

This is the difference between me and others when I say "I love Outkast". They know only Ms Jackson, Hey Ya and maybe Roses. Whereas I will soon own three of their albums twice, on two different formats. :lol:

Right on.

Amazon.uk are offering free shipping to Aus on orders of over £25 until mid August. Some vinyls are expensive, but some are decent (e.g. Elephant, Is This It, The Suburbs all around £10).

Books are dirt cheap though.

Elephant for £10? Ugh. Shit's like $35-40 here.

I get paid at the ass crack of midnight tonight and will celebrate by going to pick up the new MMJ and whatever else catches my fancy. Perhaps Elephant.

Bros! I managed to stumble upon a sealed copy of the tremendously difficult to find It's Never Been Like That this morning and got a huge steal on it at $20. Bros!

I have actually never listened to any of my vinyls on headphones. Doing so now with Tusk. This oughta be fun.

make sure Traviud is there to catch your head when it gets rocked off.

That made more sense before I posted it.

My replacement Icky Thump came in today, which was great until I was reminded how the vinyl version of "Rag and Bone" kicks so much less ass than the typical version.

Somewhere in Utah...

uua6DS6HG.gif

That's a good day. Pep's in stereo or mono? And did you get the Capitol remaster of OKC or the original Parlophone release?

I mentioned this in Random Music yesterday to much indifference, but I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one of the Flaming Lips + Prefuse 73 twelvers they're self releasing. There are only 1000 copies and each one is a unique color and pattern. Think I got a really pretty one. Here it is:

a4lbeu.jpg

Good tunes too, for what it's worth.

Pepper's is stereo but couldn't resist as it was cheapo. OK Computer is the Capitol 180 gram reissue and has very pretty artwork inside.

And that record you posted looks very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom