The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, forget what I said.

The yellow Lemon vinyl is the coolest one they've put out, though.

Taking a break from listening to Songs of Innocence.. I listened to it 4 times in a row. That's about 4 hours give or take.. and now listening to the Beatles mono Revolver right now. What a revelation.

Lucky man. My copy of Revolver is an OG UK mono, but I really ought to upgrade the rest.

IMG_20140909_165517.jpg

for 99 cents each-
Whitesnake-S/T
Aerosmith-Toys in The Attic
Elton John-Honky Chateau
The Who-Sings My Generation
The Who-Sell Out
The Who-Happy Jack
Bob Marley and The Wailers-Confrontation
Carloe King-Tapestry

Picked up the mono reissue of The Beatles aka The White Album

WA.jpg

It's like hearing a completely different album. The mastering engineers behind this reissue set did an amazing job.

ty.jpg

New Ty Segall is good. Believe the hype. I went to my record store to get the new Ryan Adams, despite what song reviews are saying about his album, I really like it.. But anyway. yeah. New Ty Segall is good.

got a question about recording vinyl... so I have this

DV019_Jpg_Regular_801258_top.jpg

which can record vinyl to my computer. I've got about 15 records on vinyl that aren't in my music. has anyone recorded vinyl? and if so, what's your take on the sound? should I record all the vinyls I have to my music or am I better off just finding a 320kbps torrent?

and by the way this is my collection as it stands. hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to move the books out and fill it totally with CDs and vinyl, and then at that point I'll get something bigger and better

117B39B2-8A3A-4046-964D-B54CF085604D_zpsxqllxzi3.jpg

got a question about recording vinyl... so I have this

DV019_Jpg_Regular_801258_top.jpg

which can record vinyl to my computer. I've got about 15 records on vinyl that aren't in my music. has anyone recorded vinyl? and if so, what's your take on the sound? should I record all the vinyls I have to my music or am I better off just finding a 320kbps torrent?

How did you sort out the voltage stuff? Did you buy a transformer?

I haven't really ripped my vinyls, as I have most of them on MP3 as well. But I think Audacity can help you here. Audacity: How do I record from vinyl records, cassette tapes, or minidiscs?

I ended up just getting one here for my birthday. Transformer would have been $60 odd, but you can't change the frequency from 60hz to the Australian 50hz, which is not a huuuge deal, but I'd rather just have something that is guaranteed to work and not wreck anything. Of course now I have an American record player that I can't get rid of, but at least I've got spare parts I suppose.

The turntable comes with its own software for recording.

Yeah, but Audacity's probably better :lol:.

In the last five or six years I've purchased all of this equipment to let me rip VHS and Vinyl to digital/disc, and at the end of the day I just think to myself, it's not worth it. The sound quality of the ripped vinyl will never be the same, and it's a real pain in the ass, honestly.

I ended up just getting one here for my birthday. Transformer would have been $60 odd, but you can't change the frequency from 60hz to the Australian 50hz, which is not a huuuge deal, but I'd rather just have something that is guaranteed to work and not wreck anything. Of course now I have an American record player that I can't get rid of, but at least I've got spare parts I suppose.

The turntable comes with its own software for recording.

Ah cool. Glad you got a new one. The hz difference could have created some background hiss, from what little I understand. Hope you are enjoying it.

I'm actually ejaculating everywhere listening to Jon Hopkins' Immunity on vinyl. Can't imagine how I'll be when I actually have good speakers, not just hooked up to an iPod dock.

Back
Top Bottom