The Verve New Single!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any opinions of Mover? I thought it was pretty good, especially for a "b-side"

And also for those who care

Forth.jpg

Album Cover for the Forth, absolutely breathtaking in my opinion

Maybe we could get a mod to change the thread title to "The Verve New Single/Album"

Sexy album cover, probably meaningless but sexy.

Might get this album when it is released, though I am still yet to hear Northern Soul or Storm In Heaven.

i have the dvd of their glastonbury performance and it was great! I can't wait to see these guys live.:hyper:

if anyone has a DIME account the torrent is there..

man, their glastonbury set must've been an absolute riot. watching it now... brilliant. what a great band.

man, their glastonbury set must've been an absolute riot. watching it now... brilliant. what a great band.

:up: I watched the whole thing over the weekend. Amazing. They sounded fantastic in every way. I love those songs.

But does Ashcroft ever smile?

Id recommend you get, Life's An Ocean, Stormy Clouds, She's A Superstar, Beautiful Mind, Already There.

See what you think of them!

Christ almighty.

How the fuck did I ever miss this band?

I haven't paid for a physical copy of a CD since I bought The Best of The Allman Brothers Band off Amazon on Boxing Day 2005, but I'm going to get Forth the day it comes out.

Seriously, I haven't loved everything I've heard by a band since I was probably 16. Fuck.

Christ almighty.

I haven't paid for a physical copy of a CD since I bought The Best of The Allman Brothers Band off Amazon on Boxing Day 2005, but I'm going to get Forth the day it comes out.

Seriously, I haven't loved everything I've heard by a band since I was probably 16. Fuck.

Haha, so you've gotten the Verve sickness. Great to hear. I remember when i got into them. I'd bought Urban Hymns as a lad at 16 and loved it, but then discovered U2 shortly after and my madness for them eclipsed everything else until the summer 2001, when I bought A Northern Soul at Heathrow on a whim. Heard the opening 3 songs, and I was hooked. Spent the next 2 weeks blindly downloading everything I could find by them on Kazaa, discovering new gems all the while - Slide Away, Blue, No Come Down, Gravity Grave, One Way to Go, She's a Superstar....it's just incredible how many brilliant songs they've written, considering they only released one album proper.

Anyway, I digress with the rambling. Point is, it's just fucking GREAT when you're discovering a band. It's almost like falling in love...

Wow, this mix sounds even better (guitar is higher) than the radio rip I have on my hard drive - every time I hear Love is Noise, I like it more and more. Killer groove.

Roll on August 19 :hyper:

Christ almighty.

I don't know, how could you?? :doh:

I kid :wink: Better late than never!

Anyway, I digress with the rambling. Point is, it's just fucking GREAT when you're discovering a band. It's almost like falling in love...

So true :heart: I feel like I'm falling in love with them all over again with this new album coming out.. *happysigh*

Christ almighty.

Welcome to the fanclub! I believe the creativity brought by the Verve ranks among the best of the best.

what and where? details man details stat!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper: spill it!

Oxegen music festival, the co-headlined the Saturday night with R.E.M., got about an hour and 20 minutes on stage; I'm pretty sure they played the exact same set as they did at Glastonbury, and they played it just as well. I don't have any pictures because I was too caught up in the moment to change the batteries in my camera :wink:

Oxegen music festival, the co-headlined the Saturday night with R.E.M., got about an hour and 20 minutes on stage; I'm pretty sure they played the exact same set as they did at Glastonbury, and they played it just as well. I don't have any pictures because I was too caught up in the moment to change the batteries in my camera :wink:

oh wow! that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud: I totally understand about the pics... :wink:

how was REM?

I don't think I have read every post in this thread so I apologize if this has been asked before but... what's the best place to start with this band? The Singles collection? Urban Hymns? something else?

PS: I only know Bittersweet Symphony. I do have one other song from Hymns I think but it's somewhat unmemorable to me.

I don't think I have read every post in this thread so I apologize if this has been asked before but... what's the best place to start with this band? The Singles collection? Urban Hymns? something else?

PS: I only know Bittersweet Symphony. I do have one other song from Hymns I think but it's somewhat unmemorable to me.

If you know Bittersweet Symphony and like that then start with Urban Hymns, it also contains most of their other hits like 'The Drug's Don't Work', 'Lucky Man' and 'Sonnet'.

If you then like that get their 'A Northern Soul' and 'A Storm In Heaven' Albums, followed by the 'She's A Superstar', 'Gravity Grave' and 'All In The Mind' singles.

After you've got those you'll be well on your way with your Verve collection.

it's just incredible how many brilliant songs they've written, considering they only released one album proper.

Actually The Verve have released three studio albums so far, they are:-

A Storm In Heaven - 1993
A Northern Soul - 1995
Urban Hymns - 1997

Also a b-sides album called 'No Come Down' from 1994 i think.

If you know Bittersweet Symphony and like that then start with Urban Hymns, it also contains most of their other hits like 'The Drug's Don't Work', 'Lucky Man' and 'Sonnet'.

If you then like that get their 'A Northern Soul' and 'A Storm In Heaven' Albums, followed by the 'She's A Superstar', 'Gravity Grave' and 'All In The Mind' singles.

After you've got those you'll be well on your way with your Verve collection.

Thanks. I'll give Urban Hymns a shot! :)

oh wow! that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud: I totally understand about the pics... :wink:

how was REM?

REM were incredible too, their second song was These Days, which was the song I wanted to hear most :drool:

Love is noise, love is pain, love is these blues that I'm singing again :dance:

Urban Hymns is their poppiest album, so maybe you should start with that. I'd recommend for people who are getting into the Verve who like more poppier songs to start with Urban Hymns, then A Northern Soul, then A Storm in Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom