The Twilight Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Anyone heard of these guys???
They're from Scotland and they've just released a new album called "Fourteen Autums and Fifteen Winters". I think there are certain individuals on this board who would really dig this stuff.
Start with the songs "She Would Darken The Memory Of Youth"
and "That Summer, At Home I had Become The Invisible Boy".
There are others as well. They sing in Scottish too - much like Arab Strap. Very cool stuff. Highly emotional. Another band I would compare them too...slightly is...
The Chameleons
In my mind the most underated band of the 1980's!!!
Anyways, check out The Twilight Sad and tell me what you think.
Thanks.

I don't believe the album is available here until April. I listened to some clips of the ep on iTunes and they seem extremely dour (which could be a good thing). I look forward to checking out the LP.

I'm not letting this one go quite yet.
These guys are no U2 but well worth checking out...if you like that depressing drunken Scottish thang.
aka Arab Strap

Okay, after the resurrection of the Walkmen thread, I thought I would do the same to this one. I've only really started posting on interference lately, so I missed most of these the first time around. I got into the Walkmen's You & Me around the same time I started listening to The Twilight Sad's Fourteen Autums and Fifteen Winters. Anyway, these guys are really awesome. My personal favourites are "Cold Days from the Birdhouse" "That Summer at Home I had Become the Invisible Boy" and "Walking for Two Hours". If you havent heard these guys, definitely check them out. They're growers though and it might take a few listens to get over the singers thick Scottish accent. But Harry Vest speaks the truth! I'm sorry if this is old news, I dont hear much talk about them around here

wow, this is old and The Twilight Sad still kick ass

is like there is some kind of shoegazing revival and I love that

Just got tickets to see these guys in Toronto in October. I'm so stoked. I was just saying the day before I found out they were onsale how shitty it was they havent really been to town :hyper: Torontonians should check it out
Also, the new video for I Became a Prostitute is out (its been out for a little bit)
I take back what I say about it not being as good as Reflection of the Television. The chorus is so awesome

YouTube - The Twilight Sad - I Became A Prostitute (Long Version)

Not that I expect anyone to care a whole lot, but *drip drip drip*

I hope you can hear that over the sound of the crickets in here

So after one complete listen, I must say that this is a very solid album! Most of their stuff takes a few listens to grow, so I imagine it'll only get better. Its not a huge departure from their last album, but its only their first full length, so thats not even really an issue.... man, is it quiet in here. I think i'm going to take my pants down and get comfortable

Its a pretty solid record, I think I need more time with it, but on the first few passes thru I enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing them with We Were Promised Jetpacks in October.

Well then I would say definitely check them out. They've been in my top 3 bands for the past year :up:

tonydanza.jpg

Back
Top Bottom