The Ting Tings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
anybody else listen to them? Its a great band, ive had Great DJ stuck in my head all summer!

I saw them on the 15th or 16th at the Lowlands festival. It was a fun concert. I liked what I heard. Catchy bubblegum pop by that duo. Their single That's Not My Name is great too. :up:

I've heard Great DJ and, yeah, it is not the kind of pop song you hear every day. Very unique and I like it.

What the hell, I'll be the fourth post in a row to give it the :up: !

I love this CD. Very solid all the way through, which is a pleasant surprise when it comes to the pop music I tend to like.

Is that the band with the songs that goes something like...

and the boys ahah ah aha ha ah ah
and the girls ahaha ah ah ah aha ha
and the drums, the drums the drums

:reject:

Their single reminds me of New Wave female vocals mixed with Franz Ferdinand music.

I like them, and I usually don't listen to Pop bands. Catchy songs but not very clever lyrics

Well, most lyrics these days aren't clever. :shrug: At least nothing that's super catchy and/or is poppy and radio-friendly.

I love The Ting Tings! :heart: Shut up and let me go is one of my favourite songs right now and the whole album is great. I'm still sad I missed their gig in Helsinki earlier this year but I'm hoping they'd return to Finland soon...I've been told they are great live.

i mistakenly found myself standing in line at a ting tings show not too long ago. i went to rhode island to see everybody out, was misinformed on the time doors were supposed to open, and showed up at what i believed to be jerky's bar at 7pm. little did i know 1) the show i was going to, doors weren't actually until 9 2) club hell and jerky's are in such close proximity, that having never been there before i didn't realize one door went to one club, the other to another. as more people gathered, i began to look increasingly out of place amongst the throngs of high school/middle school age abercrombie kids. eventually i asked one of the prepubescent girls standing in line with me what show i was in line for. she literally screamed "the ting tings!!" in my ear, and showed me her ticket. i told her i had no idea what that was (her father said something like "don't look at me, i'm just the ride home" ), and left to call a friend near a computer who could verify if i was even in the right city.

since then i checked them out. you know how sometimes you wish you could take back having heard something? yeah. really not my cup of tea.

I like them, their pop music is simple and catchy and not claiming to be anything more than that :up:

That's Not My Name is probably the catchiest song I've heard all year

Just heard this song for the first time tonight. I'm going to have to agree with Saracene on this one, I can't get the friggin' song out of my head!

I'd say Great DJ was catchier. I had that song in my head ALL SUMMER.

I don't think anyone, the NME included, considers this music 'rock' :scratch:

that's not my name makes me wonder if big brother is at the library, tracking my every move as i check out books on explosives.

Back
Top Bottom